Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gatwick/Heathrow Transfer Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2004, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Gatwick/Heathrow Transfer Question

Unfortunately, I have to make a transfer from Gatwick to Heathrow when I arrive from Venice. I'm hoping someone can tell me what the bus costs (I SHOULD have 4 hours to make the connection). I won't need pounds this trip except for the bus and any food I want at the airport, and I'd rather not have too many left over.

Thanks,
Pat
Old Mar 8, 2004, 10:59 am

You can take the National Express bus for GBP17 one-way (no round-trip savings). The duration varies with traffic but in my experience it will require about 45-90 minutes.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
http://www.baa.com/doc/1d812d63da619...eec9_main.html

http://www.nationalexpress.com/nxair...ow_gatwick.cfm
Old Mar 8, 2004, 11:06 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PStreet1:
Unfortunately, I have to make a transfer from Gatwick to Heathrow when I arrive from Venice. I'm hoping someone can tell me what the bus costs (I SHOULD have 4 hours to make the connection). I won't need pounds this trip except for the bus and any food I want at the airport, and I'd rather not have too many left over.

Thanks,
Pat
</font>
GBP 17 one way but you can pay by credit card at the bus ticket counter so you won't need currency for this at least.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 11:30 am

Definitely take the bus. You can get a train direct from Gatwick to Watford Junction and then an express bus to Heathrow, but it will work out to be pretty much the same price and decidedly more dodgy in terms of reliability.

If you get worried about it there are several companies who will take you on the transfer, eg. www.britishairportcars.co.uk who will do the transfer for GBP 60. [I have never used this company and I am not making a recommendation either way.] or any of the bazillion mini-cab touts will be happy to take you too.

Good luck.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 11:35 am
Lux

www.premierairportcars.com are fine, will still cost you 60 quid and the buses are reasonably reliable. Only thing to bear in mind is the hassle of connections if you have lots of luggage.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I'm not looking forward to the transfer, but having explicit directions helps a lot. Now......if British Air can just get me to Gatwick on time so I really do have 4 hours to make the transfer.

Pat
Old Mar 8, 2004, 2:16 pm

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB
Just don't take a cab like I did once,unless your willing to spend about 200.00 usd. I think the cabbie thought he hit the jackpot when I asked him to take me from Gatwick to Heathrow because I did not want to wait on the bus.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 6:09 pm
bcp

You can access the bus info at www.nationalexpress.com for Heathrow to Gatwick and even book your ticket on line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.