Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask etc. brag (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask etc. brag (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2006, 5:52 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sonora
I have a related question, if you all don't mind.

When one qualifies for EXP for the 1st time, or as a promotion from Plat not a requal, is it still necessary to call and have the records on all upcoming flights updated to reflect one's new status vis a vis UGs, etc?
The AA computers seem to have gotten better about this. I did not need to do anything when I graduated to EXP for the first tome in 9/05. The new status was accurately reflected in all the prior booked PNRs.

I think IceTrojan reported the same thing earlier this year when he joined the ranks.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 5:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Iirc, December is not the fastest month to receive your kit - delivered c/o the U S Mail.

This will be merged into the EXP qual / requal thread...
Old Dec 27, 2006, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum, Hillton Gold, Marriot Silver, United 2P
Originally Posted by BrianV
What's the eta on it? I requalify when my flights from 12/26/06 post, and I want my new luggage tags :P
I also qualified on the 26th, but I'm flying again on the 28th. Anyway I can get them to show the status a day early?
Old Dec 27, 2006, 6:39 pm

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by sonora
I have a related question, if you all don't mind.

When one qualifies for EXP for the 1st time, or as a promotion from Plat not a requal, is it still necessary to call and have the records on all upcoming flights updated to reflect one's new status vis a vis UGs, etc?
The computers seem to be better here now, when I hit EXP several months ago, all my itineraries were updated automatically. The only thing that seems to take a while is the EXP desk. For a week or so you may get routed to the regular desk. They will transfer you once they realize you are EXP.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 6:42 pm

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by braddev
I also qualified on the 26th, but I'm flying again on the 28th. Anyway I can get them to show the status a day early?
If the system shows you as EXP (i.e. your EXP qualifying flight has posted) then your status will be updated on your reservations. If you have flown the flight and it hasn't posted, then you can call AAdvantage customer service and have them manually post the qualifying flight, it may save a day or two. It is helpful if you have the ticket number of the flight handy.
Old Dec 27, 2006, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
Made it!

Whew! Flew my 100th segment from Tampa to Miami this afternoon. I'm sure the Captain would have come back to congratulate me if it weren't such a short flight.

I don't think I'll come anywhere close to EXP again next year. As much as I love to fly, it was pretty tedious at times, and my wife thinks I'm plain nuts. (But she didn't complain about riding in First today...)
Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:19 am

Programs: AA EXP;UA 1P;Marriott Silver
It took a while for my last flight to post, but here it (finally) is:

YTD Elite Qualifying Points: 100,539
YTD Elite Qualifying Miles: 71,185
YTD Elite Qualifying Segments: 39

And I have a bunch of international business trips projected for next year.
Woo hoo!
Old Dec 28, 2006, 11:34 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome and congreatulations, new and requal EXPs!

And totally OT, "Road Worrier," what a GREAT handle! ^ Wleomce to FylerTlak...
Old Dec 28, 2006, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by HNL
The AA computers seem to have gotten better about this. I did not need to do anything when I graduated to EXP for the first tome in 9/05. The new status was accurately reflected in all the prior booked PNRs.

I think IceTrojan reported the same thing earlier this year when he joined the ranks.
I concur. No problems here.

So is there a thread where we can announce that we made the 125K bonus?S
Old Dec 28, 2006, 6:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Lifetime Platinum
I guess the holiday slowed things a bit, but my final trip of the year, on Christmas Day, posted today, and I've now officially joined the EXP crowd for the first time. Gotta echo others: It was great to see the Executive Platinum when I logged into the site. Nice to try a new experience after years as a PLT member. I look forward to learning all about my new benefits from FT :-)
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Just received my EXP kit yesterday - since I have not checked my mail for the past 2 weeks, who knows how long it was sitting there.

Nice black card, 2 luggage tags, and EXP brochure. The best part was the package was wrapped like a mini-gift - paper strip wrapped around the contents with 'badjuju' printed on it

Funny how the little things tickle us.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA; Marriott; SPG; HH
Originally Posted by mjpflyer
I guess the holiday slowed things a bit, but my final trip of the year, on Christmas Day, posted today, and I've now officially joined the EXP crowd for the first time. Gotta echo others: It was great to see the Executive Platinum when I logged into the site. Nice to try a new experience after years as a PLT member. I look forward to learning all about my new benefits from FT :-)
Congratulations and welcome to the club. Feel free to leave your upgrade stickers at the door.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by badjuju
Just received my EXP kit yesterday - since I have not checked my mail for the past 2 weeks, who knows how long it was sitting there.

Nice black card, 2 luggage tags, and EXP brochure. The best part was the package was wrapped like a mini-gift - paper strip wrapped around the contents with 'badjuju' printed on it

Funny how the little things tickle us.
Congratulations! How long after you qualified did it take for the kit to arrive?
Old Dec 30, 2006, 1:05 am

Programs: double EX-PLT
I'm at 96 segments and will get 2 more on the 31st, think the AAdvantage gods will make me XP?
Old Dec 30, 2006, 7:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
Just made EXP - finished a BOS-LAX mileage run two hours ago.

I will have 100,244 on 37 segments once the miles post.

Thanks FlyerTalkers on the help with mileage runs and the ins and outs of AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.