Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2014 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Does anyone have any insight on this month's offering in F/J on DFW-CDG-DFW? It's been a long time since I've done AA international, and I'm choosing between this or taking US. I'm very familiar with the US offering, but unsure of AA's on such a flight. Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by T/BE20/G
Does anyone have any insight on this month's offering in F/J on DFW-CDG-DFW? It's been a long time since I've done AA international, and I'm choosing between this or taking US. I'm very familiar with the US offering, but unsure of AA's on such a flight. Thanks!
Was booked on it until I had to re-route myself for a bunch of reasons, they are showing Adobo Chicken (good), the beef with Romesco and off beat sides (corn puree and something else), Shrimp and Scallops (excellent, smaller and lighter dish) and one of the usual pastas (Ravioli this time, I think). I'm on BA now, but I think you can do a dummy booking for example for a First or J anytime award and you will see the main course options.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Huge disappointment on AA953 JFK-EZE..

The Menu

The catering disappointment started when the FA announced that there was a problem with the catering company and that they didn't get the hot breakfast food and two of the meal options (the shrimps&scallops and the soup).

The prosciutto appetiser was really bad. Prosciutto was dried, it was not fresh and tasted horribly.

I opted for the beef as the main course. Now, this has never happened to me in a flight.. the beef was raw. And I mean raw, not "rare".
It looked good..

and then,

it might look differently with the picture, but trust me.. this was raw.. I'm from Argentina and I like my meat medium-rare (as it should be) in a pink/redish tone.. this was violet.

They forgot to cook one side of it?

They really had a problem with the catering, I guess. But this was unacceptable. Worse part was waking up and only having a small muffin because there was no breakfast available.

Last edited by tuchop; Aug 10, 2014 at 11:25 am
Old Aug 10, 2014, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I would write and ask for compensation. Unacceptable.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:09 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by tuchop
Huge disappointment on AA953 JFK-EZE..

That looks awesome to me!

Has anyone tried the Boursin encrusted steak? Im thinking of ordering it for a forthcoming JFK-LHR
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
That looks awesome to me!
Prepared in a proper steakhouse - sure! But on an airplane during the beginning of a long flight you're just asking for trouble eating their low quality steaks cooked that rare IMO.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
...and even in a 'proper steakhouse', both top and bottom touch the grill, if only briefly.

Clearly a catering error...
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
The Menu

Almost exactly the same menu as had on the AA98 ORD-LHR flight two nights ago. Except the breakfast was 'veggie friendly'.

The prosciutto appetiser was really bad. Prosciutto was dried, it was not fresh and tasted horribly.

Agreed. Almost exactly like mine. The Prosciutto was anything but: it was more salt dried bacon. With added salt.

I went for the Fish option - prawns as we would say in the UK rather than shrimp! Was excellent. Amongst the very best meals I've had on planes, IMHO. Perfect flavour and balance, and good amount of fish.

Only real complaint: what is the obsession with the sundae as a dessert option? So many good American desserts that could be had - enough with the sundaes!
Old Aug 15, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Originally Posted by Jordan D
Almost exactly the same menu as had on the AA98 ORD-LHR flight two nights ago. Except the breakfast was 'veggie friendly'.

Agreed. Almost exactly like mine. The Prosciutto was anything but: it was more salt dried bacon. With added salt.

I went for the Fish option - prawns as we would say in the UK rather than shrimp! Was excellent. Amongst the very best meals I've had on planes, IMHO. Perfect flavour and balance, and good amount of fish.

Only real complaint: what is the obsession with the sundae as a dessert option? So many good American desserts that could be had - enough with the sundaes!
We didn't have the prawn option onboard, they didn't board it. They also forgot to board the breakfast options.
And I agree, sundae is OK.. but they should at least add a hot fudge brownie or something under it :P .
Old Aug 16, 2014, 9:33 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Flew AA 137 DFW-HKG, the 1245 departure on Friday, 8/15.

Prosciutto and Mozarella appetizer plus seasonal greens with fresh vegetables, sweet and spicy pecans and blue cheese

Entrees:

Spinach Stuffed Ravioli
Topped with smoked Gouda crème

Grilled Beef Filet
With shiitake mushroom sauce, spinach and corn mashed potatoes and baby bok choy

Sesame Crusted Salmon
With yuzu cream sauce, steamed red rice, ginger spaghetti squash, carrots and snap peas

Char Siu Duck
With curry lime sauce, coconut rice and sautéed spinach

I went with the salmon:

Snack was choice of teriyaki chicken wrap or grilled lemongrass shrimp (gone by my row):

Brunch prior to arrival was fresh seasonal greens with either scrambled eggs (served over a buttermilk biscuit with pabiano cream sauce, potatoes au gratin and New Mexico turkey sausage) or grilled shrimp with Chinese sausage and dried shrimp fried rice, accompanied with Four Seasons Mousse Cake:

Very enjoyable flight.

Last edited by tom911; Aug 16, 2014 at 9:40 am
Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
A very delicious Sea Bass with ginger mushroom sauce, red Thai rice and bok choy on today's HKG-DFW flight (other options were grilled beef filet, roasted duck breast, or tortellini pasta):

Rest of the flight's photos linked below.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Not too familiar with AA catering, which would be the best of the menu options on a JFK/EZE in the slanty seat cabina?

Chicken Panang
Sliced breast of chicken in panang curry sauce with stir-fried Asian vegetables and basmati rice

Boursin Crusted Beef Fillet
Grilled tenderloin of beef with a Boursin crust

Halibut with Gremolata
Seared halibut with sundried tomatoes and oregano gremolata accompanied by lemon risotto, broccolini and tomato fennel sauté
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AA Advanatge
Originally Posted by Jordan D

BLASHPHEMY!!!! What are you saying man?!?. It's the best dessert, it's trademark AA!!!

Cheers,
AA777
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:50 pm

AA 169 LAX-NRT September 2014

September 2014
American Airlines AA 169
Los Angeles to Tokyo Narita

Business Class

Menu
We are pleased to present an exclusive Business Class menu. You may choose any combination of items for your meal to be served at any time you wish. We also offer traditional Japanese cuisine as a dining option. Your flight attendant can provide details about today’s selection.

Starter
Thai Chicken
With grilled five-spice pineapple, watermelon, and Asian mint dressing

Salad
Seasonal Greens with fresh vegetables, feta cheese and pepperoncini
With your choice of creamy pickled ginger dressing or premium extra olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with your meal

Entrées
Chili Rubbed Beef Filet
Offered with black-pea pea chili sauce, creamy pancetta grits and grilled vegetable medley
Or
Mochi Chicken
Offered with teriykai sauce, roasted mashed sweet potatotes and baby bok choy
Or
Yakisoba Shrimp
Accompanied by yakisoba noodles, sautéed vegetables and red pickled ginger
Or
Cheese Stuffed Sacchetti
With sundried tomato Alfredo sauce and fresh grated Parmesan

Steamed Rice is available upon request

Dine Upon Request
You may choose one of the featured entrées to be served with an appetizer and dessert, presented all at once, at any time you wish.

Dessert
Ben & Jerry’s Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch, or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream & pecans

Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Mid-flight Snacks
Help yourself to a variety of sweet and savory snacks located near our galley.

Snack
Entrées
Udon Noodles with broth

Gourmet Cheese Plate
An assortment of fine cheeses with garnishes

Brunch
Offered prior to arrival

Salad
Fresh Seasonal Greens
With bell pepper, radish and pepper cream dressing

Entrées
Three Cheese Omelette
With beef filet served with O’Brien potatoes
Or
Uno’s Pizza
Spinach and garlic

Dessert
Cappuccino Mousse Tart

Wine List
Champagne
Champagne Dangin

White Wine
Teramas Astruc Chardonnay
Tresolmos Lias Verdejo, Spain

Red Wine
Jean Claude Mas “Saint Chinian”
Killka Red Blend

Chase’s Choice
A wine from our cellars specially selected by Ken Chase

Dessert Wine
Bodegas Lustau Sherry, Jerez
Senhora do Convento Vintage Port

3/Cls, Business, LAX-NRT, Lunch – Dinner
73PM161 9/14 260C061-3A
Old Sep 7, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Not too familiar with AA catering, which would be the best of the menu options on a JFK/EZE in the slanty seat cabina?

Chicken Panang
Sliced breast of chicken in panang curry sauce with stir-fried Asian vegetables and basmati rice

Boursin Crusted Beef Fillet
Grilled tenderloin of beef with a Boursin crust

Halibut with Gremolata
Seared halibut with sundried tomatoes and oregano gremolata accompanied by lemon risotto, broccolini and tomato fennel sauté
That halibut is amazing - glad to learn it's still around. Very possibly the best meal I have had in the air, and better than many restaurant meals I have had on the ground as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.