Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2014 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2014 AA International Meals - menu /menus, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
Huh, there had been reports of this happening, but rectifying itself closer to the date. I've no doubt you'll get four entrees on the plane, but this is really strange.
The AA website has all sorts of oddities lately - like the naming of PNR's - as discussed elsewhere. My return FRA-DFW has four selections - adding pasta and chicken to the beef and fish. Outbound still only showing two. I do expect 4 choices on the plane - UNLESS I make a selection from the two currently offered. Then often I've found your are "locked in" to your choice.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 11:22 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by 466SHH
Advice needed, please. I have searched and cannot find any reviews for the chicken or fish options, although I did find a little discussion (and some pictures) of the beef.

I am flying MAD-DFW in J next month. My meal choices are:

Tomato and Olive Crusted Tilapia
With lemon and herb couscous and sautéed spinach

Blue Cheese Crusted Beef Filet
With rosemary jus, broccoli mashed potatoes and sautéed carrots

Jalapeņo Chicken with Cream Sauce
Served with sesame potato wedges and sautéed green beans

(I cannot eat the vegetarian option due to a restricted diet).

Has anyone eaten the Tilapia, Beef or Chicken? And if so, how was it? What would you recommend that I choose of these 3?

Thanks!
IIRC, the vegetarian selection with the menu is the Indian Vegetable Korma. Both that and the Chicken are very good, in my opinion. If you are concerned about the spice level in the chicken, I think all of the spice is in the sauce. If you get that on the side, you can control it yourself. I didn't find the chicken to be particularly spicy, though the veggie korma was more so.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 12:32 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I had a seared tilapia ORD-DUS in October that was very good. PHOTO Guessing that was after the meal changes? Not a large quantity, but with the salad beforehand it was actually a pretty filling meal.

Originally Posted by Col Ronson
Does anyone here take pictures of their food or is it just me?
I have a whole gallery of AA meal photos, going back a couple years, HERE. I tend to post the entree photo only unless someone has aready posted it.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by tom911
I had a seared tilapia ORD-DUS in October that was very good. PHOTO Guessing that was after the meal changes? Not a large quantity, but with the salad beforehand it was actually a pretty filling meal.
October would have actually been before the meal changes in international which rolled out on 11/1.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by T/BE20/G
IIRC, the vegetarian selection with the menu is the Indian Vegetable Korma. Both that and the Chicken are very good, in my opinion. If you are concerned about the spice level in the chicken, I think all of the spice is in the sauce. If you get that on the side, you can control it yourself. I didn't find the chicken to be particularly spicy, though the veggie korma was more so.
That is helpful, thanks. Being a Texan, the jalapeņo won't bother me. But getting the sauce in the side may be a good idea for other reasons, like to reduce the calorie count.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by cmd320
October would have actually been before the meal changes in international which rolled out on 11/1.
Originally Posted by tom911
Exactly, it was pre-11/1. An easy way to tell is by looking at the tablecloth/linen and plateware. If it's navy blue/black, as well as bigger plates, it's pmAA and pre-11/1. If it's beige, and the plates look like those casserole-style domestic F plates, it's post-11/1 and in the pmUS design (along with the meal downgrades).
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:09 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
2014 thread is now closed.

Please see the 2015 thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Thanks!

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.