Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Business Class Consolidator for AA International

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2004, 7:53 am

I had an e-mail interchange with AA about this a while ago when I was looking into J to Australia. FWIW and YMMV, but their response (with respect to Australia at least) was that only one stopover was permitted at the point of turnaround, and no open jaws were permitted. I suspect that the no open jaw "rule" (I haven't seen fare rules) would be an AA thing as I have flown QF before into SYD/MEL and out of MEL/SYD without problems and usually without a price change, so anectodatally in my experience QF is pretty relaxed about Eastern seaboard entry/exit points. I didn't ask about upragdes since I don't accumulate QF miles and you can't use AA miles or a VIP to upgrade the trans-Pac flight which is the one you'd really want to be closer to the front. I would guess that they are not upgradeable, especially since F(A?) fares are available at a similarly decent price.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 7:58 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by swaghmar:
But you need to buy a land component with it.

S
</font>
I think the AA vacations suggestion was that even with the hotel it can work out cheaper than the ticket alone. No-one said you had to actually use the hotel, and if it is the Thistle Victoria Station you porbably wouldn't want to . There was a thread a little while ago on this but I cant't find it now.

[This message has been edited by eamus (edited Feb 23, 2004).]
Old Feb 23, 2004, 11:58 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by eamus:
I think the AA vacations suggestion was that even with the hotel it can work out cheaper than the ticket alone. No-one said you had to actually use the hotel, and if it is the Thistle Victoria Station you porbably wouldn't want to . There was a thread a little while ago on this but I cant't find it now.
</font>
there will have to be a few scratched heads in the marketing department when they see package bookings of Biz Class airfare and Ye Fleabag Inn hotel..

[This message has been edited by martin33 (edited Feb 23, 2004).]
Old Feb 24, 2004, 11:52 am

Great info -- It gives me something to look into.

FYI - I stayed in the Thistle Victoria - no fleabag -- rooms clean and nice -- but SMALL. Breakfast was good. I wonder if they had bigger rooms -- when I was there they claimed all rooms sold - I asked for bigger room.
Great location - Pub across the street - Theater close by.

With AA vacations -- good deals -- but have to search and be careful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.