Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tyrone G. (MSY GA): my nominee for AA employee of the century

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2014, 12:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Tyrone is the man! He really helped me out in a pinch once when my travel plans were crashing due to WX delays across the country, helped me find a creative and weather-proof way to my destination that saved me!

It's also worth noting that I haven't had such experiences with any other airlines out of MSY.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 5:38 pm

I am all in on Tyrone! Great guy with a great attitude! Always helpful.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat (LT Gold), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
+1, excellent representative of outstanding service.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 1:44 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Tyrone is a good guy and has helped me out many times at MSY as an AA flyer. I almost feel guilty walking past him at the desk as I'm heading to Southwest
Old Dec 28, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA 1M, AA Platinum, HA Pualani Gold, KAL Morning Calm, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ESpen36
How about Diane at the HNL club? Truly one of AA's best agents systemwide!
I'll second that--Diane is tops! ^
Also Kudos to Armie and Shari at the HNL Club.
Lori (the BEST Pursor AA has) is a Gold Star!
Old Dec 28, 2014, 5:50 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
The best service I have received in all my time with AA has been from the (former) SJC AC. Pam, in particular, has gone so far above and beyond - booking alternative flights before others were canceled and calling to tell us to "get here now" because of what she did, working magic with re-routings. I've not seen anything like it before or since. Jaimie (now at SFO) has been spectacular as well.

With that said, we're regulars at MSY, and, while I don't know the folks names there, I can guess (based on the service we've received) which GA is Tyrone, and I second Blumie's sentiments about the man.

Cheers.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Another shout out for Tyrone.
Was flying MSY-DFW yesterday on AA2250 at 915a. Arrived early enough to get on AA1181 at 801a.
Tyrone put me on the standby list, and later paged me to hand me a bp for seat 8D (the best economy seat on an MD80).
After the flight had been fully boarded, Tryone came on board to move me up to F because he had one no show.
After we pushed back, the plane returned to the gate because of a mechanical issue. Although the expectation was that the delay would be short, Tyrone came back on, grabbed me, and told me he had put me back on my original flight just to make sure there would be no issue making my connection.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 2:47 pm

Wow. That's really great service. I've never had the pleasure of interacting with Tyrone but he definitely sounds like a stand-out GA.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Sounds like a wonderful human being.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:12 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Another Hip Hip Hurray for Tyrone at MSY. Several years ago, I needed a few more miles to qualify. I volunteered and was bumped off an oversold MSY-DFW flight. I mentioned to the GA that I would really like an indirect routing in order to qualify for the year. Tyrone put me on MSY-MIA-ORD-DFW-SAT and I got all my qualifying done that same day. What a guy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.