Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help..my flight was cancelled!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2004, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Help..my flight was cancelled!!!!

Received e-mail saying that my flight from John Wayne to JFK (leaving 9:15pm) was cancelled and we were put on a flight the next morning at 7:50am. My family (including small kids) have no hotel for the night. What can we do? Is American responsible for a hotel and food or do they have to book us on an earlier flight?
Old Jan 21, 2004, 2:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I'm not sure about the hotel etc. Why not call AA and ask to get on LAX-JFK flight? They will almost certainly allow you to do so if the earlier flight is cancelled. Getting from SNA to LAX seems like a lot less trouble than staying overnight.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Joyce15:
Received e-mail saying that my flight from John Wayne to JFK (leaving 9:15pm) was cancelled and we were put on a flight the next morning at 7:50am. My family (including small kids) have no hotel for the night. What can we do? Is American responsible for a hotel and food or do they have to book us on an earlier flight? </font>

There is also a 7:15 flight from SNA to SFO and connecting to JFK on a red-eye, getting to NY around 6 or 7 am.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC, AA, DL, UA
Depends on why it happened. If it was for weather reasons, for example, you're on your own. What did the agent say when you called them?
Old Jan 21, 2004, 2:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Is this today?

Not that AA.com is the best source, but it still showing your flight as scheduled. Maybe it was just a mistake. Call now!

Let us know how it was resolved.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 3:11 pm

I assume your flight 272 is booked on or after 31 jan in which AA has cancelled that flight.
You have the right to do whatver you want (cancel or rebook).
The easiest solution I can come up with is use Long Beach, 15 miles north on the 405 .

flight 294 LGB to JFK is what you are looking for, departs long beach at 915p.
also on the return, do you want to go back into LGB or stay with the john wayne (as in-where is your car or are you getting dropped off?)

best of luck, this change is very easily done. you will receive no hassles for this type of protection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.