Search

2004 Promo and status goal role-call

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2004, 2:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
2004 Promo and status goal role-call

Thanks to all the FTers who've been providing advice on the various promotions AA is running right now! This is definitely the FT board to be in!

I am just curious as to who is signing up for what promo and what their mileage expectations from the promo are? Also, what are your elite qualification goals for this year and how are all these offers affecting them? You can also post itineraries!

For myself:
Will definitely make PLT, might go all out for EXP if my gf returns to Stanford this fall and I do a crazy FLY04 January weekend mileage run.

I'll definitely do one NYCAA ticket so I can take my gf to Japan with me this summer. I'm debating whether to do the FLY04/NYCAA in a weekend to get a certificate to give to my dad for his birthday.

My planned itineraries are:
DCA-JFK-LAX-JFK-SFO-JFK-DCA (January)
BWI-DFW-LGW-DFW-BWI later in the spring on business (hence why I want to qualify for FLY04)
(((DCA-LGA-JFK-SFO AA
SFO-LHR-MAD-LHR-SFO (BA F on business)
SFO-JFK-MIA-JFK-DCA AA to qualify for the second NYCAA)))

I don't know what the final mileage is, but I'm thinking (in thousands, inc PLT bonus)
1 + (5 x 2) + (5 x 2) + (12 x 5) + (5 x 5) + (5 x 2) + 1 + 7 (online booking bonus) = 124,000 miles in three months (?!) plus two free tickets anywhere AA flies.

[This message has been edited by CharlesMD (edited Jan 10, 2004).]
Old Jan 10, 2004, 2:32 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Going for the EUR04 and FLY04 combined bonuses... a quick DFW-LGW-DFW run to qualify for FLY04 and then three GRU-DFW-FRA-DFW-GRU status runs in J (I need to do a bit of mileage maximizing but that's the general idea) over the next three months. The GRU-DFW-FRA-DFW-GRU will be worth 20,500 a piece so if it is truly 5x mileage at the end of the day I should have 307,500 miles plus 60k from EUR04 for 367,500 miles and EXP until Feb 06.

Old Jan 10, 2004, 7:30 pm

I have just moved to Little Rock, so to get much of anywhere I have to fly 4 segments r/t. Given this, I am going to target two trips per month to get to EXP.
Old Jan 10, 2004, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum (Former EXP, CK) 6MM, Marriott - Lifetime Titanium Elite
Currently I have the following planned and/or completed for January:

SNA - SJC - DFW - IAH - SJC - SNA = 4876 Base

LAX - HKG - SIN - NRT - DFW - IAH - SJC - SNA = 21521 Base

LAX - LHR - AMS - GLS - LHR - LAX = 11912 Base

LAX - MIA - RDU - MIA - DFW - SNA = 6268 Base

I think that will give me around 44,500 Base miles. Most of these miles are flown in business or full Y so the points should be around 65K. So with the triple miles and Trans-Pacific and Trans-Atlantic bonuses
who knows how many miles I'll get but I'm thinking around 125 - 150K, I'll do the math when I get a chance.

This will be a good year for miles, if I could only get some time off to enjoy them.

Cheers!

BTW I don't have any trips planned for February yet but if things keep going like they are I'll probably re-qualify EXP by February 15th............Nothing to be proud of!

[This message has been edited by paul5E (edited Jan 10, 2004).]
Old Jan 10, 2004, 11:26 pm
LLZ

Assuming it will actually be 5x total miles earned as posted by several here and confirmed by AA through email, my regular trips to LAX, SCL, and EZE will earn me in the neighborhood of 300K.

I have one MR/mini vacation planned to NRT for the first time ever. The FLL-DFW-NRT and back will yield 80K itself with the JPN04 bonus, in addition to the above.

If I have time and can find a good qualifying LHR or HNL fare I'll probably do that too as a last hurrah before the bonus ends.

I'll have a very nice cache of miles built up to use and share with family and friends.
Old Jan 11, 2004, 12:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, BA GLD, FT < 30 y
LLZ, if you want to meet up in HNL or LON, send me an e-mail. I am debating whether to go there this spring. I'll be in LON for half of March, although with lots of meetings.

P.S. I got the Logitech cordless wingman Pro and don't slide off the runway anymore in FS2004! Thanks for the advice!

[This message has been edited by CharlesMD (edited Jan 11, 2004).]
Old Jan 12, 2004, 11:11 am

Location: New York, NY AA EXP 1MM, Go Arsenal! Yanks in 2006!
My theme, in part, for the year is to get to Eastern Europe more. Therefore, I've got the following booked:

EWR-ORD-FRA-ORD-EWR
JFK-EZE-JFK
JFK-LHR-SOF-LHR-JFK
JFK-HEL-RIX-HEL-JFK
JFK-LHR-PRG-LHR-JFK

Plus, at least 3 more trips on AANYC, as I've alredy taken one.

I hope to get a good fare to NRT at some point.

All of the above travel will be before 6/1 and will combine several promotions, incl Eur04, JPN04, AANYC & the triple mile promotion. Therefore, I am looking at in the ballpark of 124,000 miles earned for the booked above, which should get me to about half of EXP for 2005

[This message has been edited by Ksimp (edited Jan 12, 2004).]
Old Jan 12, 2004, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
I'll have 10k EQM by 1/31, and I'll fly SMF-LGW in M three times by 3/31 for another 37k EQM plus ~150k bonus miles via FLY04 and EUR04. I'm also planning to go to CDG in 4/04 for another 12k EQM so it looks like I'll probably try to requal for EXP.

I'm not enticed by the NYC or BOS promos because I don't want to fly Y to Europe, South America or Japan.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 1:48 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
shooting for the brass ring [exp] this year...qual'd fly04 yesterday. lhr, eyw, lgw in jan. jnb feb w/ a week open which i'm thinking about nyc &/or bos promos. mel in mar & probably eze. jnb & mel are aa all the way. [code share w/some 2x bonuses hope they are 3x but not holding my breath].
Old Jan 12, 2004, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I did not get to 100K for 2003, and will have to experience an exile as a PLT. I don't really mind as I will be doing a First Class Oneworld Explorer in 2004 and this will be most of my flying for the year. I am also taking advantage of the FLY04 promotion so that I can maximize the miles I earn on my AA OWE segments. To that end, I will be doing two runs from JFK to the west coast in late Janjary and early February. The triple miles is tempting, but I cannot get away until the end of the month. Oh well. FWIW, I did switch my trans-Atlantic OWE segment from BA to AA based entirely on the promo, so it was successful in my case in changing my travel plans.

I will requalify for EXP in November 2004, so hopefully, I will have 16 VIPs for use in 2005. If not, 8 will be fine.
Old Jan 12, 2004, 2:19 pm
Suspended

I think I'm screwed.

1) I booked 3 Europe runs in November (all in L/N) - way before this was announced.

2) I don't think I'll qualify for even then 5000 mile promo (10,000 miles) unless I do a MR. According to the T&C's of the promo, it ony counts AA metal, not codeshares. So, my AA trip to AMS (ord-dfw-zrh-ams-lhr-ord) puts me short. How short you may ask? 5 miles.

Teaches me to book in advance!
Old Jan 12, 2004, 4:58 pm

Headin' for EXP again this year, 75K booked on AA metal already. Should have EXP by mid-June again. Signed up for FLY04, EUR04 the JFK and BOS promos (probably screwed up the codes, but y'all veterans know what I'm saying). Will also hit MVPG on AS on April 18th. I plan on flying AA about 125-135K total again this year, already have 6 segments in, 13,434 this month. Also thinking about doing 50K+ on UA after they mid-tier comp me...waiting to hear.
Old Jan 13, 2004, 11:58 pm

My god how sad we all are..

Working on my EUR04 (and so is my 5yr old )
Working on JPN04, FLY04 and AANYC..

You have to see the funny side when I got my 5yr old to agree to a MR to see mickey in orlando .. She has to go twice because I want her free ticket

I'm not really maximising mileage, I'll only have 22k actual by the middle of feb.. but an $850 trip to HKG sometime in march (in M) will net the 2nd JPN04 (10k) plus triple miles (42k+14k (codeshare) = total 66k for $850) or about 1.2c a mile with no minimum stay and a free stopover at any location (MPM fare) such as SIN or BKK

so.. I expect to have 42k by March.. slow by your standards.. but I'll still requalify.. especially now that M fares get 1 Q-Point

[This message has been edited by Brian-AAFlyer (edited Jan 14, 2004).]
Old Jan 14, 2004, 1:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Going for FLY04 but I'll only get the 5,000 Mile Bonus from that one.
AANYC with a LGA-TPA-LGA and a JFK-LGB-JFK in March most likely.

I hope to requalify for Platinum and what with going between Phoenix and New York to alternate between college and home as well as my creative engineering of almost all trips to include odd segments (to get back to New York to do the above I'm going to do PHX-DFW-BNA-STL-LGA-BOS-JFK-PHX) I think I'll be able to re-achive that brass, er Platinum ring.

------------------
DC-10's Forever!
"This is the weirdest Routing I've seen in all my 16 years"
-LGA Check in Agent upon seeing LGA-BOS-JFK-LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.