AA's AAt it AAgain...PR Goofiness

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2003, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

AA's AAt it AAgain...PR Goofiness

Hi all, check this out:

FOR RELEASE: Thursday, Nov. 20, 2003
AMERICAN AIRLINES TOP RANKED DOMESTIC CARRIER IN SURVEY

FORT WORTH, Texas – American Airlines has been recognized by the readers of Business Traveler magazine as the top domestic airline, placing it just behind Singapore Airlines and British Airways in the survey’s Best Overall category. The 2003 Best in Business Travel awards also named American Airlines the best for domestic coach service and business class service to Mexico and Central/South America.

"American is honored that the readers of Business Traveler magazine have recognized us for our service and commitment to our passengers," said Al Becker, spokesperson for American Airlines. "These awards demonstrate why more people fly American Airlines than any other carrier."

American Airlines is the world's largest carrier. American, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection regional carriers serve more than 250 cities in over 40 countries with more than 3,900 daily flights. The combined network fleet numbers more than 1,000 aircraft. American's award- winning Web site, AA.com, provides users with easy access to check and book fares, plus personalized news, information and travel offers. American Airlines is a founding member of the oneworld Alliance.

======================
FOR RELEASE: Thursday, Nov. 20, 2003
AMERICAN AIRLINES TOP RANKED DOMESTIC CARRIER IN SURVEY

FORT WORTH, Texas – American Airlines has been recognized by the readers of Business Traveler magazine as the top domestic airline, placing it just behind Singapore Airlines and British Airways in the survey’s Best Overall category. The 2003 Best in Business Travel awards also named American Airlines the best for domestic coach service and business class service to Mexico and Central/South America.

"American is honored that the readers of Business Traveler magazine have recognized us for our service and commitment to our passengers," said Al Becker, spokesperson for American Airlines. "These awards demonstrate why more people fly American Airlines than any other carrier."

========================================

I looked up this magazine, and yep they do give awards....here's the only link on the site about awards

http://www.businesstravelerusa.com/a...&parentID=213.

so go ahead, open it, and you'll see the date
Old Nov 20, 2003, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Looks like AA is a year late with their press release.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 4:05 am
Suspended

I read that survey results and I sure would not have voted the way it turned out. UA and DL over CX?
Old Nov 21, 2003, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveler
Not to mention what caught my eye was Al Becker. He has been gone for several months now. I believe he left to take a job at Dell if I am not mistaken.

Whats going on here? Maybe they should release a statement reminding everyone that AA offered the first jet service coast to coast back in the late 50's....
Old Nov 21, 2003, 12:33 pm

I think Becker is back. He's supposedly doing some type of weekly radio travel broadcast show for AA - I skipped over the details so hopefully someone will remember what it was.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
You're looking at the wrong link. The link is to the 2002 award that was issued on November 21, 2002.

Presumably, the magazine conducted a survey in November 2003 which is available in print (which we can buy) but not yet available online (which we get for free). In fact, UA also issued a press release that they were selected as the best frequent flyer program from the same magazine.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031120/cgth087_1.html

Old Nov 21, 2003, 2:22 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TexAAs:
Not to mention what caught my eye was Al Becker. He has been gone for several months now. I believe he left to take a job at Dell if I am not mistaken.

Whats going on here? Maybe they should release a statement reminding everyone that AA offered the first jet service coast to coast back in the late 50's....
</font>
I'm waiting for the announcement about AA's recent purchase of all of those new MD80's and 757's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.