Wiki Posts
Search

Changed flights, not ticketed anymore?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Changed flights, not ticketed anymore?

Hello frequent flyers.

I have a booking since some months back.
1 months ago I got a changed notice in my email box that said my stopover in New York had been reduced from 10 to like 3 hours.

Since I booked that stopover by purpose to be able to swing by B&H before my last flight I finally took action and called AA two weeks ago and they happily changed me back to an early flight again so I would have the stopover that I had from before the change.

Anyhow, 2 weeks has past since my phone call with AA and it still says on the AA page: Status: On Request on Jun 30, 2014 ????

Earlier it was: Ticketed as of (or something like that).

The flight is due to depart in about 20 days.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:25 am
Original Poster

The reason I am getting nervous is because CMT shows: 8104 - We are unable to find this reservation number. Please check your entry and try again. Please note that not all reservations can be accessed via this service. (8104 - 1931)
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
You need to call again and confirm. No one here has access to your itinerary to fix this for you. We can only give you suggestion, relate to similar experiences we've had in the past, etc, but at the end of the day, nothing will happen until the reservation shows ticketed with the flights that you want, and that involves calling AA.

The last thing you want is any surprises. Better secure it now, and prepare for any changes in case there are.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arollins
You need to call again and confirm. No one here has access to your itinerary to fix this for you. We can only give you suggestion, relate to similar experiences we've had in the past, etc, but at the end of the day, nothing will happen until the reservation shows ticketed with the flights that you want, and that involves calling AA.

The last thing you want is any surprises. Better secure it now, and prepare for any changes in case there are.
I just wanted to ask here before calling if I should wait some more. If someone knew how much time these things can take.
Last time I called AA I ended up getting a phone bill of 30$ more than usual.
(Yes, I know I should get skype but haven't had the time to buy new headphones..)
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
In my experience it is not uncommon that after you change flights on AA the website no longer shows Ticketed status.

In my case, last week I did a SDC (same day change) to an earlier flight and online my ticket showed "Pending" status. I called to get it changed as pending would not allow me to check-in online (or via the app) but the agent was unable to put it back in "Ticketed" status but assured me everything was fine ... just needed to check-in at the airport with an agent or kiosk. Sure enough she was correct but it was it was a bit annoying.

Hope that helps!
Old Sep 23, 2014, 10:08 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
As this applies to AA, I'll move this thread over to that subforum.

aztimm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.