Wiki Posts
Search

Passbook Mobile Boarding Pass Color

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Shangri-La Diamond

Does anyone know what the difference is between the blue and black mobile boarding passes? For the past few months I've received black passes, and today for the first time mine is blue. Is there some sort of tangible difference the AAgents are supposed to know in terms of automatically differentiating against them?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fish114
Does anyone know what the difference is between the blue and black mobile boarding passes? For the past few months I've received black passes, and today for the first time mine is blue. Is there some sort of tangible difference the AAgents are supposed to know in terms of automatically differentiating against them?
I assume we are talking about for an iPhone. Mine started as blue but changed to black once I obtained status (through a Platinum Challenge).
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, SPG PLT, Marriott PLT, Shangri-La Diamond

Interesting. Mine started as black and has been that way all year (with status) and has now gone to blue for my flight tomorrow morning.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 12:35 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by fish114
Interesting. Mine started as black and has been that way all year (with status) and has now gone to blue for my flight tomorrow morning.
I don't have an iphone, but as long as your status, or the proper boarding group, is listed, does it really matter what color it is?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD
I assume we are talking about for an iPhone. Mine started as blue but changed to black once I obtained status (through a Platinum Challenge).
This explains my experience. I'm a US elite, and earlier in the year, I initially get blue passbook BP, but then it switches a few moments later to black, with PA (Priority Access). Has happened quite a few time, but not anymore, so PA/non-PA was my (educated) guess.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
EXP here and mine are still black
Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by radiowell
This explains my experience. I'm a US elite, and earlier in the year, I initially get blue passbook BP, but then it switches a few moments later to black, with PA (Priority Access). Has happened quite a few time, but not anymore, so PA/non-PA was my (educated) guess.
Mine have been black since becoming elite so Priority AAccess would be the logical guess.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:48 pm

It's either priority access or status, I'm not sure which. But my BA Sapphire = black, my AA no-status = blue.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
It can't be priority access since the dozen BPs I have on my phone are blue with priority access. They probably match whatever color is used when you load your AA card into passbook (I haven't come across anything that can actually use it).
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:00 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
It's status. I have had PA with several flights before status either paid
F or via the exec cc and they were all blue. Including transcon F LAX/JFK award ticket.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
100% it is status.

I have had a reservation with no FF# but in paid F which was blue. All of my "normal" reservations with EXP number are black.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: Lifetime Plat/4mm miles, Starwood, HiltonHonors
Black for my AA BPs, blue for my US BPs.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, SkyMiles Dirt
I've had black ones, and blue ones that say Priority. But there is no rhyme or reason to when they appear, but they have been 85% blue.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:41 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
I'm at 100% black for AA, 100% blue for US
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:53 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Should be status.

Booked on same PNR as spouse on AA metal. I'm Plat, she only has AA Executive MC. My BP is black, her is blue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.