Wiki Posts
Search

Ba taxes using aa miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Ba taxes using aa miles

I'm trying to get to edi from fll /mia /pbi
Usually I search and only ba tks come up with high taxes. Ihave deselected the ba and sometimes I can find availability. Now I'm trying to book and have flexibility but only ba comes up. Nothing aa. Any tips to avoid going day by day and find aa awards not ba?
Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

AA does not serve EDI (or GLA, which is nearby). US serves both airports, but only seasonally. Are you trying to fly when US' seasonal service is not operating?

Your other option is to try to find award flights to LON on AA/US, and then use 4,500 BA Avios for a Reward Flight Saver from LON to EDI/GLA. Very low cash component on a Reward Flight Saver.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Companies cannot levy "taxes" they can only charge "fees", so please do not use the incorrect term when describing the high fees BA levies on award tickets...in addition to the usurious ones the UK government adds if you're entering the country and not transiting!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.