Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Award booking to Africa

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
AA Award booking to Africa

Hi helpful folks!

I know that AA award booking allows North America to Africa through Europe or Doha, Qatar (provided that both segments are on Qatar Airways), but does it allow me to fly through both Europe and Doha?

LAX-JFK-ZRH (or any other European cities)-DOH-NBO, is that a valid routing? Otherwise LAX-JFK-DOH-NBO is a pretty long ticket... it'd be nice to have a 24 hour layover somewhere in Europe.

Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:01 pm

My instinct would be no, but it's just a guess.

I feel like you could otherwise do JFK-DOH-LHR-NBO or something silly like that.

Does anyone know if you can connect in both Asia zones from Europe to South Pacific?

Last edited by Bttc; Sep 16, 2014 at 9:18 pm
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
My instinct is actually yes. Should not be tough to find out. Just call and ask to book one, see what they quote you.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
OP: Please do report back with what you find out... it will be very useful to know if a routing like you've proposed is indeed possible with a single N.America -> Africa AAward.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Links to discuss QR routings via a 3rd region can be found in the Wiki.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...es-2014-a.html
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Links to discuss QR routings via a 3rd region can be found in the Wiki.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...es-2014-a.html
Respectfully though, the question cannot be answered by the info there as it's a slightly different wrinkle.

They are asking if one can connect in -both- Europe and Doha on a single award to Africa that will use a QR->QR connection at DOH.

The answer I'd say is no.

And, one of the clarifying aspects of that is that for the first time that I recall AAdv -did- recently add a "may connect in xxx and xxx" 3rd region exception (Europe -and- Sri Lanka on a N. America -> Mid East/India award)

So they "know how to use an 'and'" and they definitely do not use it for the QR->QR to Africa exception.

Last edited by JonNYC; Sep 17, 2014 at 8:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.