Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX Award Availability

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2003, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
CX Award Availability

I'm looking to book an F award to DPS on CX using my AA miles. According to Galileo, the following availablity exisits for the two CX flights LAX-HKG on 12/26:
LAX HKG 26/2305*0630 CX 883 F4 A4 J9 C9 D9 I9 Y1 B0 H0#74J B
LAX HKG 26/2355*0740 CX 881 F4 A3 J9 C9 D9 I9 Y9 B9 H9#346 B

According to this there should be plenty of space in both A and even C. Yet when I call AA, they say that there is absolutley no award availability of any kind from the 12/22 to 12/29.

Does the award-class availability that Galileo is showing not apply to AAdvantage awards?

-FlyerBeek

[This message has been edited by FlyerBeek (edited 10-08-2003).]
Old Oct 8, 2003, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Some say the most reliable is using CX's award booking engine (based on ItN.net (Galileo?). You need to sign up to use it. That's how I booked my CX premium awards. Be aware that when you want to go is also peak season.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
I think the fare code for first class awards on CX is Z (and I don't think it's visible on Galileo).
Old Oct 8, 2003, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA 2MM
Fare code for 1st class award on CX is Z; I would echo the earlier poster that this is prime time for travel. CX also has a couple of flights SFO-HKG daily, might be worth a try for that routing?
Old Oct 8, 2003, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by terenz:
[B] You need to sign up to use it. That's how I booked my CX premium awards. [B]</font>
In order to sign up to view CX award availability, must I pay to join the MPC or is there another way to access this availbility information without cost (I cannot get Galileo to show Z-class)?

Also, supposing I end up booking a one-world award instead (and use BA to get to HKG), do the Galileo A/C-class availabilities for BA correspond to the AAdvantage awards availabilities for those classes?

Thanks,
FlyerBeek
Old Oct 8, 2003, 5:50 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyerBeek:
Also, supposing I end up booking a one-world award instead (and use BA to get to HKG), do the Galileo A/C-class availabilities for BA correspond to the AAdvantage awards availabilities for those classes?</font>
No. There is no way to see the actually available inventory, the best you can do is guess by seeing how full the flight is and from that guess at availability.

Old Oct 10, 2003, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
If you are an Executive Club member you can check the availability of BA award seats on ba.com. It's not visible on Galileo at all, though.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 4:27 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by FlyerBeek:
In order to sign up to view CX award availability, must I pay to join the MPC or is there another way to access this availbility information without cost (I cannot get Galileo to show Z-class)?</font>
no. you can sign up for asiamiles, which is free. be aware though that the inventory shown on CX website is NOT the same as AA. i found 25 flights from SFO-HKG that were available to asiamiles/MPC members on the CX website that were not available to AA FFs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.