Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

I'm going to fly AA alot more next year! Bought 2 tickets to Europe for next year.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm going to fly AA alot more next year! Bought 2 tickets to Europe for next year.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2003, 6:44 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.

I talked to a number of people on this board in the last while & I like what AA does for their fliers, especially the Exec Plats. Granted, I will have to get used to change fees for award travel on short notice but that rarely applies to me as I book awards far out. A big thank you goes to various FTer's I talked to in person & all the excellent postings on this board. I do not dislike UA/US but I am moving over to "greener" pastures. I will do my very best not to be like a certain unnamed poster who comments on the various boards & not fly the airline. I trust I won't fall into that category. I just purchased two tickets to Europe on AA for travel next year. (one to Zurich & the other to Rome). At a great price, I may add!

I hope that I did not ramble too much & as I get educated on the AA board, I hope to make some decent contributions here. I don't dislike UA but I like being able to upgrade on nearly all fares (priceline/hotwire/award fares obviously excluded). No more having to buy up to UA H fare. (not that I did, anyway).

Thanks for reading all this & I am sure I will be flying AA alot next year. (I am going to Austin & London on AA tickets later this year).

Now to decide if I should go for challenge or comp?
Old Aug 25, 2003, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA GS , AA CK
Welcome to the good side!
Old Aug 25, 2003, 6:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chemist661:
Now to decide if I should go for challenge or comp? </font>
Go for the comp first, as you have nothing to lose, right? Welcome to AA You're going to like it here. I have no regrets at all making the move to AA from UA, and love my VIP03's (couldn't use the SWU's on UA, either, as all my travel is on cheap fares). AA has been very competitive on flights out of the Bay Area.

Look forward to seeing you at the London get together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.