Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status of DFW to ANC next year. ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2003, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Status of DFW to ANC next year. ?

I am in the process of booking a RTW ticket. Speaking with the desk we were not able to find DFW to ANC next year up until at least May 2004. I know the service seasonal. When would this flight be loaded or will AA permanently discontinue service? Please advise. Regards
Old Aug 20, 2003, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Starting in May is consistent with when ANC has run in previous years. Whether or not they keep ANC in 2004, I have no idea.
Old Aug 20, 2003, 11:17 am

Unless there is a major downturn on the cruise business, the DFW-ANC flights will return in May (with ORD-ANC and STL-ANC flights showing up in June/July/August). But I am pretty sure that the ANC flights will not return before May 2004. Sorry to inform you such, but I have much confidence that ANC service will return in 2004.
Old Aug 20, 2003, 4:25 pm

Programs: Mediocre AA Stew
STL-ANC will not be coming back next year, in conjunction with the major pulldown in STL associated with losing major hub status. Look for DFW-ANC and ORD-ANC to start in early June. Perhaps with the loss of the STL service, they will strengthen the service out of DFW or ORD by offering larger equipment (767) or increasing the frequency?
Old Aug 21, 2003, 9:50 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
A Saturday MIA-ANC would rock, and I swear, it would fill up like crazy. Tons and tons of cruise traffic. Floridian's LOVE to visit Alaska, and Alaskans love to visit Florida. It's an opposite thing, I guess.

Alas, I would never hold my breath for MIA-ANC, but it would be awesome. They do MIA-EGE to satisfy Miami's huge winter ski demand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.