Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waitlisted International Upgrade Not Clearing when Available?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2003, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3 Million/ex-many year GS, AA PLT/2 Mil, AS MVPG, HH Dia, Starwood Life Plat, Hertz PC
Waitlisted International Upgrade Not Clearing when Available?

I have been waitlisted for a few weeks for upgrades on the DFW/FRA legs for a trip. (This reservation is one of those that refuses to show on AA.com which is a different computer screw up story - arg!) Last night I happened to look on Galileo at the 2 flights and noticed that for the return trip there was now C1 availability so I figured that had cleared and called the PLT desk to check seating. The agent told me I was still waitlisted both directions! Asked her to look at the return since I saw C1 for it and when she did that was also what she saw. She grabbed the seat (and a few minutes later I too now saw C0). She couldn't explain why it hadn't cleared automatically, but it leaves me scratching my head. I fly UA most of the time and don't recall having seen the equivalent happen. Anyone else see this sort of thing?
Old Mar 30, 2003, 12:25 pm

It's been my observation that international waitlists are notorious for not automatically clearing. Over half the time, my upgrade has cleared only because I called in like you.

Just to be safe, I'd always recommend that you either check out Galileo or call an AAgent daily if you're on an int'l waitlist.
Old Mar 30, 2003, 2:59 pm
Original Member

It could also be that the upgrade list processing is run at a certain time (i.e. 3am CTS) and you caught it before the processing ran.

--Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.