Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do you help get an AA employee their job back?

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President, Hilton Diamond
How do you help get an AA employee their job back?

Hey, I've been searching for any email directly to Elise R. Eberwein, or to HR for non-job searching related matters mainly to help advocate for an Employee who was let go from AA.

Also, would it help? It wasn't a financial impactive or Waivers and Favors offense? Is the leverage of someone who's spent $100,000's on AA enough to have any impact on that?
Old May 1, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL
If you know the employee then why not ask them for the contact info? I'm sure they can get in touch with whomever was responsible for letting them go.

As for you being able to help, I doubt it.
Old May 1, 2014, 8:56 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by RobertClouse
Also, would it help? It wasn't a financial impactive or Waivers and Favors offense? Is the leverage of someone who's spent $100,000's on AA enough to have any impact on that?
There is almost always an exception. But I can state, with broad confidence, that you would be wasting your time.
Old May 1, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Sadly, I believe you are wasting your time. One metric where the airlines have excelled, particularly post 9/11, is in "letting people go."
Old May 1, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: None
Airlines aren't in the habit of letting people go without cause and if it's a member of one of the unionized employee groups (which covers the majority of employees) the carriers know that the union will try of keep the employee's job so there's even more reason for the airline to have their ducks in a row.

So unless it's for some serious infraction - drugs, theft, whatever - employees generally aren't let go after a single infraction. The chance that you'll be able to accomplish anything is slim at best. The union is the employee's best hope.

Jim
Old May 1, 2014, 12:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
An email? I suspect if it had any impact at all, it might pay to send a well-designed letter thingy. Be sure to read BoeingBoy's post at least one more time, because I believe it's the key to the issue.

As American Airlines and US Airways are still operating as distinct airlines, this question is being moved to the appropriate pre-merger airline forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old May 1, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by RobertClouse
Hey, I've been searching for any email directly to Elise R. Eberwein, or to HR for non-job searching related matters mainly to help advocate for an Employee who was let go from AA.

Apply at Delta or United.. better yet - try Jetblue or Southwest.
Old May 1, 2014, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Did you have anything to do with them being let go? If not, it's not your business.
Old May 2, 2014, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Hire them a good labor law attorney!
Old May 2, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
Knowing the disciplinary process at pre-merger AA ("Peak Performance through Commitment"), it's generally very difficult to be terminated for performance issues, except for drug use, theft/pilferage, etc.
Old May 2, 2014, 9:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Did you have anything to do with them being let go? If not, it's not your business.
Absolutely.

Many great AA folks were released in a big wave of merger-related releases yesterday/this week. But most certainly nothing an individual can-- or should-- have any influence over.
Old May 2, 2014, 1:22 pm

+ Tom Horton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.