Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inelligible Flights on BA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2003, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Inelligible Flights on BA

Posted this in the BA forum as well, but the basic idea: I flew on Aer Lingus, BA did not give me any credit for the flight because they are incredibly stingy about elligible fares.

So, can I turn around and try to get credit in my AA acount, or will they be aware that I tried and failed with BA?

At any rate, my purpose now is to get my measly 10,000 BA miles, get a free flight, and be done with their horrible program for good. Big mistake joining in the first place, I should have stuck with AA exclusively.
Old Feb 22, 2003, 10:59 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
It would work as long as the flight wasn't a transatlantic flight. You can't earn or redeem miles on AA for BA transatlantic flights, and vise versa.
Old Feb 22, 2003, 11:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by raydog9379:
It would work as long as the flight wasn't a transatlantic flight. You can't earn or redeem miles on AA for BA transatlantic flights, and vise versa. </font>
raydog, the flight was on Aer Lingus, not BA.
I believe it would work, obviously having the original BPs would help. I believe the fare classes have to be B,H or K, if the ticket was discount economy.
Good Luck

Old Feb 22, 2003, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; VA Plat; AccorPlus Plat
I did this a few years back trying to credit some JL flights to QF and then AA. They were eventually credited to AA (can't remember why it didn't work on QF, nor why I tried there first). It did require quite a lot of follow up phone calls to get it done tho.

- Simon
Old Feb 22, 2003, 5:14 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by scutfarcus:

So, can I turn around and try to get credit in my AA acount, or will they be aware that I tried and failed with BA?
</font>
AA will not know about the attempt to post in BA, but EI will. If you request credit from AA, they will electronically send information to EI and request approval for eligibility. If EI has already approved miles in another FF program for the same flights, they would not authorize AA to post your miles. They would be buying miles from multiple FF programs if they did. The fact that BA denied your claim with EI is another matter. I dont know what EI might have in their records, and how that would be handled. But AA wont post them without EI approval.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.