Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Print Wikipost

Million Miles / Million Miler Program ARCHIVE

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2007, 4:10 pm

Programs: More than I care to have, but never the ones I need.
Originally Posted by georgehf
You don't get miles for reading the sticky at the top of the page but you get knowledge. You may be able to redeem that for much more. Check it out.
I read through it and didn't see this topic covered in the sticky. Perhaps I am blind (or retarded)... possibly both.

Thanks for the quick responses.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by JGR01
Currently ...

Since the MM program (and its benefits) are undocumented at aadvantage .. it COULD change any time.

As of today the statement is correct.

I think also miles transfered from a decedant's account will accumulate into the MM value. My Mom's 90k miles that were transferred into my account when she passed away I recall were included in my MM total.
So, if I transfer miles in from my AMEX, then use them for flights - they clearly still count. What if I transfer them in, then back out again? I would probably lose a chunk in the conversion, but doing that two or three times (before the conversion eats them all) could net a gain in lifetime miles. Am I smoking something?
Old Jul 12, 2007, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro - 1mm, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by shaunco
I read through it and didn't see this topic covered in the sticky. Perhaps I am blind (or retarded)... possibly both.

I guess I should have sent you to the FewMile's Page. It's a little outdated but has the basics. Remember this program is unofficial and it could end at anytime. Until then, keep flying, charging, eating, shopping, transferring from SPG AMEX, etc.

http://members.shaw.ca/fewmiles/AA/index2.html
Old Jul 12, 2007, 4:30 pm

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for!
Old Jul 12, 2007, 4:33 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum

The wiki, though, does have this information clearly laid out:

http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...evels_%28AA%29

Cheers.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 4:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat., WorldPerks, HH Gold, SPG Gold
So, if I transfer miles in from my AMEX, then use them for flights - they clearly still count. What if I transfer them in, then back out again? I would probably lose a chunk in the conversion, but doing that two or three times (before the conversion eats them all) could net a gain in lifetime miles. Am I smoking something?
Should work. But like you said, you may lose a lot of value doing this.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 5:23 pm

Half of my miles are from non-flying (i.e., non-"BIS") sources. With my luck, I'll be at 997,100 miles, sitting at Logan with a boarding pass to LAX in hand at the moment they change the rules.

With so many offers (such as the 40,000 Citibank AAdvantage Mastercard) which pay out huge numbers of miles, it's only a matter of time before a rule change.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by maddjake
Half of my miles are from non-flying (i.e., non-"BIS") sources. With my luck, I'll be at 997,100 miles, sitting at Logan with a boarding pass to LAX in hand at the moment they change the rules.
If that was the case you'll still be in for Gold.......

I doubt very much that AA would pull all the non-BIS miles when and if they decided to change the lifetime status rules.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I'm at ~890k miles lifetime and chugging towards 1mm precisely 'cos my luck stinks and i want to get lifetime gold asap. at least this year i'll be EXP soon
Old Jul 12, 2007, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
It's a great program--every mile counts. I started flying AA in August and I am already a hemiMM!
Old Jul 12, 2007, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by maddjake
With my luck, I'll be at 997,100 miles, sitting at Logan with a boarding pass to LAX in hand at the moment they change the rules.
But then you only have to BIS 2,900 miles to reach 1,000,000. It would be irrelevant to you.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Originally Posted by Redhead
I'm at ~890k miles lifetime and chugging towards 1mm precisely 'cos my luck stinks and i want to get lifetime gold asap. at least this year i'll be EXP soon
Congratulations on being so close!

Sounds like a major AA eshopping spend needs to happen. Watch for bonus AA miles specials especially as we get into the holiday shopping season.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 7:47 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Won't matter. Once you are EXP, lifetime GLD will be irrelevant- you'll never be able to settle for that. After 3 years as EXP, even my lifetime PLT seems irrelevant

Cheers.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
If you cancel an award and have the miles reinstated, your lifetime counter does not go up. Anything else that increases your balance also increases your lifetime total.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 1:11 am

If your luck is that bad, please wait until the end of next year to hit 1 MM. I'm estimating that I'll hit 2 MM by fall, 2008 and don't want you to ruin it for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.