Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Power ports, plugs and electric adapters / technology for AA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Power ports, plugs and electric adapters / technology for AA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
On the AA 772 there is DC power which requires an adapter (Cigarette lighter style). This adapter can be purchased before flight or from the duty free cart. They're not at every seat in Economy so you might have to "fight" for one.

On the JL 773 the power is AC requiring no adapter but also is only in the first half rows of Economy per Seatguru.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:48 pm

Used many inverters and this the best one so far. One AC outlet and one USB port. $20 at Radio Shack but works much better than the cheaper ones. Perspective is off so it appears bigger than it actually is. Also nice to have in rentals cars.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by DustinBroke
Now my question is that will I need a converter box to convert 12v to around 120 volts? Like will both planes have a cigertte lighter or will both JAL Boeing 777 and AA Boeing 777 have actualy AC plugs so I can just directly connect the laptop to the plug.
Have you looked at the link from post #2 above?

It shows on the AA flight you will have DC power and will need an adapter.

If you have power on the JAL flight it will be AC power unless it's a codeshare.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:06 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk. DustinBroke.Please continue to follow this discussion in the AA Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP/CK 2M+
Beware. Some electronics will be fried by inexpensive inverters. Check that whatever you are hooking up does not require a true sine wave inverter (the more expensive kind). Laptops and cell phone chargers usually do not need this.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
==============MODERATOR NOTE=============

DO NOT POST HERE; FOR THE CURRENT THREAD, PLEASE REFER TO: Power ports, plugs and electric adapters / technology for AA (consolidated)

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 3, 2014 at 12:42 pm Reason: insert mod footnote prior to split

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.