Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TD Waterhouse 10k bonus miles missing?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2001, 12:11 am
Original Poster

TD Waterhouse 10k bonus miles missing?

I opened an account with TD Waterhouse thru AOL AAdvantage for 10k miles bonus back in mid-August. I still don't see any bonus miles posting! Anyone has experience with TDW?
Old Nov 4, 2001, 6:47 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum, AA
THey told me it takes awhile (up to six months), since they don't want you just taking your miles and then closing the account. Why they couldn't have some penalty in place (a fee based on the two cents a mile formula or something) and still give you the miles on time is a big mystery. I was originalyl counting on them for 20/20 and then had to go buy a fishing lure or a box of pecans or something instead.
Old Nov 4, 2001, 7:35 am
SST

They are IMHO, the biggest cheats on the bonus planet. It took me over a year to get them to credit the miles. I spent probably 4 hours of telephone time, several visits to my local TDW office, a dozen letters, and finally the AA Platinum people took pity on me and got it credited.

DUring this time, I opened an account for my wife, after they sent me another offer, (it was a joint account), and they have completely disavowed any mileage whatsoever, "because I got mileage and I have another account", and I've given up. Despite the bad rep ETRADE has, I got mileage from them when I moved my Schwab account over, almost instantly. TDWaterhouse is about worthless. And I was, once upon a time (when all this started) a shareholder, both in TDW and TDBank. Note: WAS.
Old Nov 4, 2001, 8:16 am

Greetings! My wife and I transferred stock into separate TD Waterhouse accounts on 8/22; the 10,000 miles finally showed up on our October AA statements. Glad to hear E*Trade works well - I opened an account last week. Asked Schwab if they'd give me the mileage bonus to keep me from moving my money - they said no way.
Old Nov 4, 2001, 10:10 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got my 10000 miles within a few days of opening the account. I did call a couple times to confirm they had my AA number right.
Old Nov 4, 2001, 4:35 pm

I tried to open a TDW account a few months ago to get the AA bonus with the intention of tranferring my current brokerage account there.

I was quickly told I could not receive the miles because I already had an account (my IRA is with TDW). Never mind that retirement accounts are not eligible for any of their promotions, and that I had never received any bonus of any kind from them.

I promptly closed the account and left my brokerage account where it was before.
Old Nov 4, 2001, 8:05 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
I got my account opened last year and just went in there, bugging them until they credited the miles.

Its all about TDW, not AA. Even with other aspects of my acct, transfers, etc. they are always having to be pushed. Thank god they have offices. I find going down there is alot more effective than just calling over and over on the phone. I think its hard to put someone off (with a "story") if they are looking you straight in the eye.
Old Nov 5, 2001, 12:17 pm

I opened an account in Aug. for my husband,he needed it for another partner.By the end of Sept. it still hadn't posted,and the only way to get that to happen is to keep calling and calling them.I finally found someone that did it for me,if anyone needs names of people to speak to there i can look up my paperwork for you.Good Luck!!
Old Nov 5, 2001, 7:07 pm

I am disappointed to hear about problems with TDW aterhouse because I was just going to open an account there. I can't stand the thought of giving a bunch of money to a company that provides poor customer service.

I'm peeved with SmithBarney, which I currently use, because they tell me they cannot accept a check from one of my companies made payable to me, signed by me, and endorsed by me! These are my own companies-how do they expect me to get money out? Anyway, any other suggestions for a good broker with a miles angle? I'm not a trader-more buy and hold.
Old May 4, 2002, 11:02 pm
MRW

The customer service at TD Waterhouse is really poor. I am still trying to get my 10,000 miles from a deposit I made in September 2000! I called at least three times in 2001 and each time they said they would make sure they got posted but to wait 6-8 weeks. Last October I went by a branch office and they told to write their "NE Operations Center" -- never any. In January 2002, I sent a copy of the same letter to Customer Service in San Diego... still waiting.
Old May 7, 2002, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I had an existing account for years before they started the AA promotions. I promptly added $10K to my account. After 6 months, nothing had posted, so I called, and I got my miles within a week.
Old May 7, 2002, 10:41 pm
SST

They cheated us out of 10,000 miles by saying the promo had ended, and that was after nine months of asking, pleading, begging. They were useless.

So I got mine, wife got none, and I still do all my trades at Etrade. Glad I could put in a bad word for TD Waterhouse. Beware.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I use currently TDW and am well pleased with their overall service, at at $9.95 per trade (incl limit orders) I really dont consider the ff miles (well, almost that is) an important factor.

OTOH if you were promised ffmiles, well then you should receive them.

MisterNice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.