Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In Curacao - boston snow - how to handle?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Question In Curacao - boston snow - how to handle?

Hi, I'm in curacao now scheduled to leave for Miami at 8 am tomorrow. I'm supposed to connect to my boston flight around 2 pm. Looks like bad snow in boston. What do they usually do? Get us to Miami and then cancel or delay the boston flight? Any tips on how to handle this?
Thanks for any help
Sue
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, HH Gold, MR Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
The AA travel alert for flights to Boston says:

Travelling on the following dates: February 5 - 6, 2014
And your ticket was issued no later than: February 3, 2014
You may travel: February 3 - 9, 2014
Wednesday will be the worst day for weather in BOS. The next few days will be trying to recover. The airport will probably be open for most of the time but capacity will be reduced. Airlines will be given a number of slots and they'll decide which flights to cancel.

If it was me I would want to get to Miami and take my chances as I would have more options to get home from there. If you can stay on the island for a few days, say rebook to the 7th/8th/9th. at least you will have a good chance of the flight actually going to BOS when you get to MIA a few days after the storm. and you won't be stressing about whether you will really be flying, stuck in the airport, etc.

If you get to Miami and then get stuck due to weather you will be getting in line behind all the other cancelled/rebooks and you could be there a few days.

Or you could get lucky and your 2PM leaves MIA and gets to BOS on time or a little late Wednesday afternoon.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 6:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As this pertains to the pre-merger American Airlines, it is being moved to that forum.

As noted in the Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING, questions and information pertaining to the existing AA or US operations should go in those forums as it will be quite some time before the two entities operate as a single airline.

Your understanding is appreciated.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.