Wiki Posts
Search

Customer service certificates and NetSAAver fares

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2002, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT 2MM; UA LT Gold MM; HH LT Diamond; Marriott Tit LT PLT
Customer service certificates and NetSAAver fares

Can you use a customer service certificate to purchase a NetSAAver fare?

If so, what is the process - how is the certificate "presented"?
Old Oct 1, 2002, 11:00 pm
LLZ

Yes. Find the reservatin you want, but don't pay for it...then call AA.com and have them hold it for you. 800.222.2377. You then have 24 hours to go to a City Ticket Office (most are gone unless you live in NJ or FL) or the airport to ticket it and present the certificate and combine it with whatever you have to pay (or not) and get your e-ticket. I believe they are charging a $5 fee for this now though, but better than not being able to use it.

[This message has been edited by LLZ (edited 10-01-2002).]
Old Oct 1, 2002, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Or, if you do not depart for a few weeks or more, mail the certificate to this address:

American Airlines
Ticket Delivery Service
P.O. Box 619243 MD 4004
DFW, TX 75261-9243

In the top left hand corner of the envelope, put:
Last Name
First Flight Number
First Travel Date

NOTE: It has been my experience that though they will confirm receipt of the certificate within a few business days, they will not actually ticket the reservation much (often months) later. It takes a significant amount of time and knowledge to do the complicated certificate/voucher ticketing in Sabre (as we all know from having done it in person), and so they prioritize the ticketing by departure date. So if you send in a voucher in September for a Nov. 15 travel date (as I recently did), you can expect to receive your e-ticket receipt the first week of Nov. Even so, MAKE SURE TO CALL the week after you send the certificate/voucher so you know it didn't get lost in the mail. You may wish to insure it if you send it by U.S. Mail and it has a value greater than US$100.
Old Oct 2, 2002, 7:48 am

I didn't get charged for doing this at an airport a couple weeks ago, but I think the $5 fee applies to the few remaining city offices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.