Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4/19/2014 ORD - MIA - LIM - CUZ (won't allow LAN to CUZ?)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

4/19/2014 ORD - MIA - LIM - CUZ (won't allow LAN to CUZ?)

I am trying to book an award ticket from ORD to LIM on AA then connecting on to CUZ with LAN. There are only Anytime awards available for my dates and I'm being told by American because of this I cannot add the LAN segment. From all that I've read LAN is a OW partner and should allow the segment, correct?

Is this a case of hang up and call back? I've done so 3 times and keep getting the same response.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:34 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
My understanding is that the logic goes like this:

- If you want to travel on a partner airline, you need a "all-partner award" (or a oneworld explorer award, but not relevant in this case)

- When booking an "all partner" award, the booking class for AA is T (in economy), i.e. the same as a milesaaver award.

Therefore, if you cannot find milesaaver availability on one of the AA segments, you cannot book an all-partner award using that flight.

You could, however, use two different awards, which would be more expensive.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 1:06 am

Programs: AA EXP
AAnytime awards are only valid on AA operated flights. The LAN flight is therefore not valid for this award.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 3:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jridge
My understanding is that the logic goes like this:

- If you want to travel on a partner airline, you need a "all-partner award" (or a oneworld explorer award, but not relevant in this case)

- When booking an "all partner" award, the booking class for AA is T (in economy), i.e. the same as a milesaaver award.

Therefore, if you cannot find milesaaver availability on one of the AA segments, you cannot book an all-partner award using that flight.

You could, however, use two different awards, which would be more expensive.
That is a very confusing post which makes the rule much more convoluted than it actually is. The rule is very simply stated in the immediately preceding post to this one.

Also, the names of these awards are "Explorer" and "oneworld and other airline."

The booking class for milesAAver economy inventory is T. That is the same booking class for AA economy inventory for an Explorer award.

Last edited by Austinrunner; Jan 16, 2014 at 3:32 am Reason: and
Old Jan 16, 2014, 3:33 am
Suspended

Deleted
Old Jan 19, 2014, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all. Mystery solved!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.