Search

Service JFK-SJO and -CUN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Platinum, AY Gold, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold
Service JFK-SJO and -CUN

Hy there,

I'm studying the AA website for hours, but it is just not clear.

My +1 and me arrive from LHR (777) and connect to SJO, Costa Rica (737) returing CUN-JFK-LHR.
Any/what food and drinks/beer to expect in Y? I'm German

Thanks,
Sepp
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: None
Sounds like AA flights for the N America portion and AA or BA for the TATL portions. For the N American flights there should be a meal appropriate to the time of day unless one or both flights are later in the evening. Beverages are water/coffee/soda for free, alcohol has a charge in coach. This all assumes that you are on non-stops flights JFK-SJO and CUN-JFK.

For the TATL flights, a meal is standard, again appropriate to time of day, as well as some sort of arrival "snack" - a sweet roll, muffin, etc - assuming relatively normal flight hours. However, AA/BA offer over a dozen flights/day between JFK and LHR so some may have lighter meals/no meal and heavier arrival snack. It would just depend on the time of day you're flying.

Jim
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Sounds like AA flights for the N America portion and AA or BA for the TATL portions. For the N American flights there should be a meal appropriate to the time of day unless one or both flights are later in the evening. Beverages are water/coffee/soda for free, alcohol has a charge in coach. This all assumes that you are on non-stops flights JFK-SJO and CUN-JFK.

For the TATL flights, a meal is standard, again appropriate to time of day, as well as some sort of arrival "snack" - a sweet roll, muffin, etc - assuming relatively normal flight hours. However, AA/BA offer over a dozen flights/day between JFK and LHR so some may have lighter meals/no meal and heavier arrival snack. It would just depend on the time of day you're flying.

Jim
There are no meals in Y from JFK-CUN or JFK-SJO.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
As this pertains to the pre-merger American Airlines, it is being moved to that forum.

As noted in the Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING, questions and information pertaining to the existing AA or US operations should go in those forums as it will be quite some time before the two entities operate as a single airline.

Your understanding is appreciated.

/Moderator
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
correct. there are meals in F on these routes but not in Y. buy up some food at JFK
Old Jan 9, 2014, 12:13 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by VSLover
correct. there are meals in F on these routes but not in Y. buy up some food at JFK
Originally Posted by sts603
There are no meals in Y from JFK-CUN or JFK-SJO.
That is not correct.

JFK-CUN has no meal in Y, but JFK-SJO does have a free meal in coach.

AA serves meals in coach on all flights to Central America over three hours, and all flights to South America regardless of length.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.