Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgraded Seats Fall Through

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2002, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Location: JFK, LAX, LHR, DUB, MIA, ORD, MAD - heavy travel to all
Programs: EXP: 2014, 15, Final 7 Mo of 16, and all of 17 (soon to be '19-20). Big Bonvoy Users
Upgraded Seats Fall Through

Here's the skinny:

Received a 72-hour upgrade notice for tonight's flight, well, around 72 hours ago for two people. Assigned different rows. No problem with that cuz it's standard.

Called AA, got assigned two great Upgraded seats together, and even noticed this onlinein my account a few hours later.

Lo & behold, today, when I go to AA.com, I notice that we have unassigned seats upfront.

Called AA, and they say we have been given an upgrade from our OG reservation and she would like to assign our news seats. Of course, it's not her fault that we went through this process already.

Whatever ... after going through this process we get our OG upgraded re-assigned seats and we are golden.

Question: does this happen to others?
Old Sep 6, 2002, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
yes
Old Sep 6, 2002, 8:29 pm
Suspended

no
Old Sep 6, 2002, 9:00 pm

Location: Dallas, TX. AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, Avis Preferred Select
Happens mostly to me when they swap the metal around. If the cabin config changes then UGs sometimes lose their assignment....
Old Sep 6, 2002, 9:06 pm

No. Better luck next time.
Old Sep 7, 2002, 7:35 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
An adjustment for an air marshall?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.