Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2014, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dstan
Moderator Note

Please continue discussion in the existing thread in the combined forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1529069-aa-us-reciprocal-elite-benefits-master-thread.html

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator
Print Wikipost

...And so it begins [Starting to merge the two FF programs]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; AC 100K
...And so it begins [Starting to merge the two FF programs]

Dear Dr. daru1,
AAdvantage Executive Platinum Number: xxxxxxx

It's an exciting time at American Airlines, and we're kicking off the new year with you, our most loyal customers, in mind.

For now, we will continue to maintain our separate loyalty programs — AAdvantage® and Dividend Miles — with rules and benefits of each program still applying, but rest assured your mileage balance and elite status are safe, secure and will continue to be honored.

There is much work to be done as we combine two great airlines — American Airlines and US Airways, and since the close of our merger, we have been working to bring you our first phase of enhanced benefits, effective today. Here are a few highlights:

Earning and redeeming miles
You can now earn and redeem AAdvantage miles when flying on American or US Airways. All eligible travel on either airline will count toward elite status qualification in the program of your choosing.

Elite benefits
Elite members of each airline can now enjoy select reciprocal benefits when flying either airline, including First and Business Class check-in, complimentary checked bags, priority security and boarding and many more.

More lounge access
In addition to the 35 Admirals Club® locations currently in major airports worldwide, Admirals Club members (including Citi Executive® / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard® cardmembers) can now access all 19 domestic US Airways Clubs, 10 of which are in airports where Admirals Club lounges are not currently offered.

Same great benefits with the Citi® / AAdvantage® card
Your credit card benefits will remain unchanged. You'll continue to earn AAdvantage miles for purchases on your Citi® / AAdvantage® card without disruption.

Coming soon, we'll begin the first phase of a codeshare agreement with US Airways, which will bring you easy access to the combined company's global network.

Stay up-to-date on the latest developments and benefits coming your way by visiting aa.com/arriving and following our social channels. If you're traveling soon, check out aa.com/findyourway for day-of-travel information.

Sincerely,

Andrew Nocella
Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer
American Airlines
Old Jan 7, 2014, 7:48 am

kind of a big yawn. but glad we can get mileage credit when flying US, as the flight times sometimes are better for me.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: AA EXP/2mm; UA 1k;
Hey, i am pleased. We can now book shuttle flights one-way for 12,500 AA miles, and availability seems pretty good.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP & 1 MM/ LTG, CX GO, US CP, SPG Platinum Ambassador, National EE
Does anyone know how US fare classes will credit to AAdvantage (eg EQP earning)?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: AA, SQ
Originally Posted by GullwingSL
Does anyone know how US fare classes will credit to AAdvantage (eg EQP earning)?
https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/e...us-airways.jsp
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP & 1 MM/ LTG, CX GO, US CP, SPG Platinum Ambassador, National EE
Many thanks.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 8:55 am

will all segments earn a minimum of 500 EQMs on USAirways? it says the shuttle flights but curious overall....

Last edited by ethang801; Jan 7, 2014 at 9:03 am
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: AA EXP
Of course I had to fly US Airways yesterday... maybe they'll be kind and credit me the miles to AAdvantage because I certainly don't intend to fly US Airways planes again anytime soon.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
I just put my AA # in on a US Air flight I booked a while back, immediately got access to preferred seating. No word on upgrades yet though???
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by BrianV
I just put my AA # in on a US Air flight I booked a while back, immediately got access to preferred seating. No word on upgrades yet though???
No word on upgrades indeed. I suspect they will happen later this year...
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
If a flight is US numbered but operated by UA metal do I still get miles on AA?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Shawn02139
Hey, i am pleased. We can now book shuttle flights one-way for 12,500 AA miles, and availability seems pretty good.
Just wait until 4500 Avios each way. THAT is a bargain.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
If a flight is US numbered but operated by UA metal do I still get miles on AA?
No. Emphasis mine.

Earn miles when flying on US Airways (including US Airways Express and US Airways Shuttle) marketed and operated flights for travel on an eligible published fare ticket.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 9:57 am

do you earn bonus miles, e.g. 25% or 100% on US Airways Flights if you are AA elite?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by dehuang
do you earn bonus miles, e.g. 25% or 100% on US Airways Flights if you are AA elite?
Did you read the website?

AAdvantage Elite Status Member Benefits
The following benefits apply to AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum and Gold members when flying on US Airways, US Airways Express and US Airways Shuttle:

Elite status bonus miles
Minimum mileage guarantee
First/Business Class check-in
Priority through security checkpoints
Priority boarding
Free checked bags (3 for Executive Platinum and Platinum members; 1 for Gold members)
Complimentary access to Preferred Seats
Priority baggage for Executive Platinum and Platinum members
Move Up fee waiver (similar to American's Same Day Confirmed Flight Change)
Priority re-accommodation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.