Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glitch on Hawaiian Airlines redemptions?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2013, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA,BNV,HIL

I've been checking on getting back to the mainland from HNL and discovered that you can pay 37.5k or 47.5k miles for the same seat on any Hawaiian metal segment that's available. I can understand the need for dynamic pricing as there is a choice of C or F if you connect through LAX or SFO, but pricing just a single segment gives you two different prices.
Glitch or does someone know why? I'd certainly prefer to pay 37.5k (that's if I can find something available - believe it or not crossing the pacific is easy, the domestic connection is giving me pain.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
A) I don't see a 47.5k award LAX-HNL.

B) I think you're seeing Y Anytime and F Saver awards, as those are the two closest in miles.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 6:56 pm

I have noticed this before. AA.com seems to consider a first class seat on these HA flights both as 2 class and 3 class first awards even though they are 2 class.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Saw the same for SEA-OGG on HA. Same flight and same ticket codes come up at 37.5 and 47.5k miles. Both show booking class D and both show First class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.