Community
Wiki Posts
Search

does AA offer a bonus for using one stop kiosks

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2002, 8:43 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
does AA offer a bonus for using one stop kiosks

Title says it all..... thanks.
Old Aug 3, 2002, 9:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
First time use only - 500M. I got it this week. Already posted.
Old Aug 3, 2002, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Is it down to first time only now? I seem to recall receiving MANY of these bonuses....
Old Aug 3, 2002, 2:08 pm

Location: Dallas, TX. AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, Avis Preferred Select
Yes, TechGirl, it is down to one time. That is why I am boycotting the machines and refuse to use them.

Once AA offers a mileage bonus with each use (like booking on aa.com) then I will be more than happy to step up. Until then, I will stand in line, thank you very much....
Old Aug 3, 2002, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Is it one time systemwide, or once per airport? FYI, United offers up to 2,500 (5 times 500) at each airport.
Old Aug 3, 2002, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
Once per airport I think? Use a search to find more threads. Don't be lazy like me.

FewMiles..

------------------
[ FlyerTalkers' Resources on the Web ]
[ Unofficial Guide to AAdvantage ] [ Unofficial oneworld Info Desk ]
Old Aug 3, 2002, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by techgirl:
Is it down to first time only now? I seem to recall receiving MANY of these bonuses....</font>
You recall correctly. There WAS a bonus for a while like the UA bonus described above. If you exhausted that one, you couldn't even get the one-time 500.

I'm not sure I think this warrants a 500-mile bonus for each use personally (not that I'd complain if it were offered). I'd much rather see more route bonuses (i.e. double miles without discount fare restrictions).
Old Aug 4, 2002, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Actually, I think the UA bonus for this is quite reasonable, I was hoping AA would emulate.
Old Aug 4, 2002, 3:17 pm
anr

I was quite pleasently surpised with the 500 bonus, that I did not expect. Not being of any status with AA, I would even use it for no miles simply because I can avoid the lines.
Old Aug 4, 2002, 7:12 pm

I used it today in St. Louis...even if there was no bonus attached (I don't even know if there is a bonus for sure - too soon to post to my account), I'd still use the kiosk(s). There wasn't a line at all, and was extremely easy to use.

A mileage bonus is nice, but convenience is even nicer!

I s'pose the only thing that could sour my opinion is if more and more start to use them, and they have no clue how causing teh line to back up and be as long as the others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.