Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EXP agent request question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2002, 8:54 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
EXP agent request question

I am not sure if I am the only one but it seems to me that the EXP desk is just not what it was in 1998, 1999 and 2000. The last couple of years have just not been the same. My question is this. I have two agents that I know I can ask for and clearly get the service, friendliness and knowledge that I had in previous years, my dilemma is that it seems unreasonable to ask for them when I have a very generic request like picking up a ticket or exchanging a ticket not used for a new ticket. Do most of the EXP FF ask for specific agents for mundane requests or just go with whatever agent happens to answer your call.
Old Aug 2, 2002, 9:12 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
I have only asked for one specific person one time.

I have to agree - it appears to me that some of the people at EXP Desk have gotten very abrupt on the phone - not sure what is going on. I guess it is the stress re: job security?
Old Aug 2, 2002, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I always ask for the same agent and try to time my non-urgent calls to match her working hours. By now she can read my mind. In the situations where someone else has helped me, I haven't noticed a difference in the past 18 months (my total EXP experience to date).
Old Aug 2, 2002, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
When I have had very tangled itin's and need to go back in them I have asked for the same person to help me but its only happened twice.

I have done some foolish things that the folks at the EXP desk have helped me out of (once BIG mistake, and once medium mistake).

If AA decided assign EXPs to specific agents I would welcome it. Though I have never had anything other then exceptional service I prefer to work with the same people who have grown to know me.

I have never been a UA 1k but I have been a Premier Exec and Premier and I'll take the Plt desk over either of those. I'm also currently an AS MVP-Gold and that desk doesn't hold a candle to either the EXP desk or the Plt desk. Though AS doesn't charge MVPs a change fee! That's the best part of that program if you ask me, which you didn't.
Old Aug 2, 2002, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I keep a list of agents I can ask for if I have something odd that I want to make sure I can trust what is being done (i.e. an international itinerary, wanting to play with award routings, etc.). Currently, I've got six agents on that list.

When I have something mundane, I just take potluck although I've had some real sour agents lately too.
Old Aug 3, 2002, 9:29 am
Original Member

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, UA PLT
I have one agent that I will ask for if I am in a big pinch, but most of my calls are easy stuff and the first agent answering the phone has taken good care of me.
Old Aug 3, 2002, 2:18 pm

Location: Dallas, TX. AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, Avis Preferred Select
I have two agents I hold in the back of my mind that I will call for in a pinch or when I need something special done.

Normally I just take who I get.

Although (and I really hate to admit it), over the last few months I have had to play Call-Center-Merry-Go-Round to get something done a couple times. I have my best luck during the day but recently have been calling late at night since that is the only time I have to plan my trips....

Hmmmmm.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.