Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Flagship Service Question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

American Flagship Service Question

I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask this questions. If it is not, please let me know where I should place it.

What is the real difference in service (not seat related) between American Airlines Flagship Service and Business Class?

I am going to fly an A321 on the LAX - JFK route. It will be a morning flight and am trying to determine the difference so as to decide on what to book.

Thank you for the help.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 12:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
This is better answered in the AA forum.

Thanks.

matthandy
Moderator: Trip Reports
Old Dec 15, 2013, 1:59 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What cabin are you panning to book? That will determine what level of service you will receive and how it compares to a regular transcon flight.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Tortuas
I don't know if this is the correct forum to ask this questions. If it is not, please let me know where I should place it.

What is the real difference in service (not seat related) between American Airlines Flagship Service and Business Class?

I am going to fly an A321 on the LAX - JFK route. It will be a morning flight and am trying to determine the difference so as to decide on what to book.

Thank you for the help.
Technically both first and business on this route qualify as AFS, so I assume the question is what is the difference between first and business. There is a trip report addressing this on the 762.

Since the AB321 is not yet in service, its a bit difficult to tell - as the seat is a big marker of difference. There is dedicated thread on the aircraft you might find useful

In addition, more personalized service (just 8 seats in F), first features an enhanced meal - usually an appetizer, then salad, then entree, dessert. The dessert is traditionally a made to order sundae - whereas business may simply have ice cream. However, depending on how early the am flight is - there may not be ice cream at all.

Also, w/F on this transcon you would have access to flagship checkin @ LAX, and more importantly - Flagship lounge access at LAX and JFK.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Yes. What I want to know is the difference between First and Business Class. I would assume the service (food/drink wise) would not vary much from the 767's to the A321. Am I wrong?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the help by the way!
Old Dec 15, 2013, 9:34 pm

This video shows all three cabins of the A321:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20zshmYxhLw
Old Dec 15, 2013, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Yes. What I want to know is the difference between First and Business Class. I would assume the service (food/drink wise) would not vary much from the 767's to the A321. Am I wrong?
Presumably yes, they'll be similar, but until the routes launch no one can say for certain - and, of course, what happens w/transcon service in the long term w/the "New AA" remains to be seen
Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is the real difference in service (not seat related) between American Airlines Flagship Service and Business Class
It's marketing confusion, and the "Flagship Service" moniker seems to ebb and wane.

AA has different levels of business class service, the lowest of which is found on short and medium haul 2-class (business + economy seating) flights [and is often mislabeled "first class"], the middle level is on transcon 3-class (first + business + economy seating) flights, and the highest level is on long-haul international flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.