Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extension of EXP status

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2002, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP& 2Million miler, Skywards Gold, Delta Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold
Extension of EXP status

I vaguely remeber reading that AA will extend Gold, Platinum and EXP staus for those qualifying in 2001 to 2004. Is this correct?
What happens to EXPs who requalify in 2002 by flying the necessary miles? Will they get extended to 2005?

I am EXP qualified in Dec 2001 and will fly over 100,000 Qmiles this year
Old Jul 24, 2002, 3:29 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, BA Gold, Shang Elite
where did you hear this?

extending to 2004 is a lot.

[This message has been edited by pegasus8228 (edited 07-25-2002).]
Old Jul 24, 2002, 7:43 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
..............???
Old Jul 24, 2002, 10:12 am

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
What ????? I know I will get flamed for saying this, but I have to - I can't help it.

I don't think it would be fair for AA to extend elite status again this year (barring any unforseen events - heaven forbid).

Last year was one thing - and I sincerely understood that.

For those of us who will requalify the hard way this year, that just is not right.

O.K. - flame me all you want
Old Jul 24, 2002, 10:44 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
There were plenty of arguments for and against it last year, with those who quailified last year probably feeling that there would be too many people in the ranks.

I think its a one off, due to circumstances none of us want repeated.
Old Jul 24, 2002, 10:47 am

FreeUpgrade: I agree with you. EXP should be what it is--a re-qualifying thing--and I can't see why AA should lessen the requirement this time. I will bet my last buck that there will be far less aggregate EXP's floating around after Feb 28, 2003. I say this because there were a lot of people who got comp'd to it for the year, who hadn't qualified by traditional standards. That, plus I think folks are flying less-- including would-be EXP's--and I'd expect attrition to be significant on that basis.

------------------
AAExecPlat; Lifetime AAirpass; 3MillMiles; UApremier-PassPlus
Old Jul 24, 2002, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
I wish they would let us carry over that 1 yr extension since I requalified the hard way last year. I'm going to requalify this year, but won't in 2003. It would be nice to have it through Feb 2005.

I just hope I make 1MM this year or else I won't make it for a long time. I'm not up for eating cereal.

------------------
Come to the City by the Bay for the Do by the Bay 9/13-9/15.
Old Jul 24, 2002, 5:00 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by drbala:
I vaguely remeber reading that AA will extend Gold, Platinum and EXP staus for those qualifying in 2001 to 2004. Is this correct?
</font>
No. The extension ends 2/28/03.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.