Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why are AA boarding passes so ugly?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2002, 5:42 pm

....meanwhile, meandering almost back on course, on with the plot!

I have just pulled out a boarding pass and taken a look at it and the monotonous green made me think of US dollar bills - no matter what denomination, they are all the same boring colour and size!

Such mundane designs have not, however, deterred folks from trying to reproduce US dollar bills on a large scale.

Why not have some colour and variety?

[This message has been edited by SarahWest (edited 07-18-2002).]
Old Jul 18, 2002, 5:49 pm
LLZ

"my company does not yet know about Sarah as I am not ready to transition. Apart from this first day, my entire time in the United States (which included ten internal flights to different cities) was spent as Sarah, without any problem whatsoever."

"As I have no immediate plans to transition it would cause just as many problems to change my passport..."

SarahWest: Let's consider your own words above and think clearly about this. How were you able to "transition" outbound to the US but unable on your return? Since you did not have any immediate plans to "transition" what struck you at that moment? Perhaps a lawsuit against UA? Why not just change to your new look, be proud of it and not confuse others? Can you imagine yourself responsible for ensuring safety of others and the id does not match the look of the person holding it? Put yourself in that person's place. Just curious as to why you have to hide your identity sometimes but not others.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Worst

thread

ever.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 6:22 pm
LLZ

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JonNYC:
Worst

thread

ever.
</font>
There has to be something that keeps bringing you back....
Old Jul 18, 2002, 6:32 pm

LLZ - it may be better to apprise yourself of a few of the facts.

There was never any question about my identity in Omaha. Anyone who believes that what happened to me in Omaha was done on the grounds of security is going to get a very big shock when the full facts of the case are known (they cannot be revealed at this stage as we have not yet started the discovery phase in the lawsuit).

I have subsequently used exactly the same passport and have travelled as a woman many times - I have cleared US immigration and customs several times in Chicago, New York, Boston and Miami. This is all post 9/11. I have never had a problem.

I have a letter from the UK Home Office which states;

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">As a British Citizen, you are free
from immigration control, meaning that you can enter or exit the country without restriction,
regardless of sex or gender.</font>
If identification is not an issue then it is my choice (which is in fact enshrined in law under European Human Rights legislation) to decide whether I should board a flight in one outfit or another.

I was very fortunate to be able to meet a large number of FT folks in Chicago recently - perhaps you should speak to someone who has actually met me before you jump to conclusions. I even shared my flight out from ORD to LGA with SeeYa - she will be able to testify that I encountered no problems whatsoever with identification using my passport.

It is quite clear that you feel strongly about this and that you disapprove of my actions. I doubt that you will be able to add anything to what has already been said about my case on Flyertalk.

If you do wish to continue this discussion then I would urge you to read all that has already been posted here and either continue the existing threads or start another.

Perhaps it's better to leave it there before we get into a slanging match about who has the biggest network, the shiniest routers and the best firewalls (in case you didn't know, we both do much the same job) - as for my employer knowing - it's pretty common knowledge now after the press coverage - although my colleagues were aware of my situation long before that happened.

For those of you curious enough to see for themselves, a picture of me at my desk at work taken after I had just arrived back from a trip to ATL (yes, I usually go straight into the office from LHR after a red-eye) can be seen here - not my best pic perhaps but I'd not been able to change after the flight as my luggage was still stuck at ORD! I did make use of the wonderful AA Arrivals Lounge though - I recommend the showers to anyone!

[This message has been edited by SarahWest (edited 07-18-2002).]
Old Jul 18, 2002, 6:39 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
hey...this thread started innocently enough as a nice break in an absurd way ( silly to think about ugly BP's when AMR just announced $495 million loss for Q2 ) but now it is just downright ugly between the last few exchanges. C'mon boys (and girl/girls) Let's be nice. Swap disagreements in pvt email.

[This message has been edited by rubbernyc (edited 07-18-2002).]
Old Jul 18, 2002, 6:52 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rubbernyc:
Let's be nice. Swap insults in pvt email.</font>
rubbernyc - you have mail
Old Jul 18, 2002, 7:22 pm

Location: new brunswick, new jersey and farmington, conn. USA
you have to be careful who you make wisecracks about here, be they folks involved in high-profile discrimination cases or the fat girl in 6D whose braids clacked when she turned her head around too fast who also so happened to look way too young to be in FC and was wearing pajamas.

actually, i was wearing sweatpants, but thank you for your concern.

here on flyertalk, we exhibit a modicum of taste and mutual respect...even in the CO forum. seriously, think twice before you get catty. this isn't a WN checkin line, you know!

(edited to add: it was a sodding redeye, which is why i was wearing something comfy to sleep in. FYI. )

[This message has been edited by gwendolynaoife (edited 07-18-2002).]
Old Jul 18, 2002, 7:41 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by gwendolynaoife:
actually, i was wearing sweatpants, but thank you for your concern.

</font>
Yes, but did they match your boarding pass?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.