Search

PLT checkin with non-elite friend, different PNR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, WN
PLT checkin with non-elite friend, different PNR

Hello all,

In my current travels, I made a new friend, and I'd like to impress her on our travels back home. Completely by chance, we are on the same PEK-ORD flight in a few weeks. Since I am PLT, it seems she can be my "guest" at the CX lounge in Beijing, and certainly in the Admirals Club at ORD.

My question: Since we are on different PNRs (our stateside final destinations are different), can she check in with me at the Business Class desk at PEK as a "guest" like in the clubs? How about using the TSA elite line in Chicago? I assume the answer is "no" to both, but the collective knowledge here never ceases to amaze me, so I thought I'd ask.

Many thanks!
JM
Old Dec 5, 2013, 4:17 am

Programs: Exec Platinum
I as Platinum as you, would say Yes to both questions.

Carlos
Old Dec 5, 2013, 4:20 am

Programs: spg plat, AA PLAT, Hertz 5 star
You should be ok on both. I did it in the past without any problems.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 5:07 am

Programs: AAdvantage (since 1987) PLAT. USAir Dividend, AF Flying Blue.
I just did, in November. Two different PNRS :
LRH, DFW AAdmiral clubs : yes
LAX TBIT lounge : yes
Any Lan "Preferente" boarding : yes
Iberia MAD Lounge : yes

I took care to present the two boarding passes together.

Fast track security lanes in the US : yes
Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:35 am

Agree with all of the above that this should be okay.

I will say, though, that if you really want to impress your new friend you should work on getting her an upgrade.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
Do you mean TSA Pre check line, or priority/first class line. The ones in Miami are pretty strict and I don't think they allow passengers to use unless it has priority boarding for priority lanes and definitely not for TSA pre check unless your boarding pass says so/or comes up green.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
On top of that, if you are both returning home to the same destination, you can have her bags tagged as priority since you are PLT. Usually the agent just does it automatically with both bags when I'm in this type of situation, but if they don't, I usually drop the line "I'm travelling with this person so what's the point of tagging my bag priority when I'm just going to have to wait for theirs." That always gets them to add a tag. Now whether or not priority bags will actually come out first is subject to debate.....
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: spg plat, AA PLAT, Hertz 5 star
Originally Posted by trekker954
Do you mean TSA Pre check line, or priority/first class line. The ones in Miami are pretty strict and I don't think they allow passengers to use unless it has priority boarding for priority lanes and definitely not for TSA pre check unless your boarding pass says so/or comes up green.
When I am with the kids who dont have elite status, they are allowed to come through the priority lanes with me at Miami too.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star
Never had an issue with either of your questions. They just don't give my travel companion priority baggage.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Does the "pics or gtfo" rule not apply to FT?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, WN
Originally Posted by no1cub17
Does the "pics or gtfo" rule not apply to FT?
Haha! Good point!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. We'll give it a shot. Wish me luck!
Old Dec 6, 2013, 7:56 am

Programs: AA 4.0 MM Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by trekker954
Do I understand correctly that the TSA Pre-check lines sometimes accommodate "guests" of Pre-check-qualified passengers? Huh?
Old Dec 6, 2013, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by jpzeller
Do I understand correctly that the TSA Pre-check lines sometimes accommodate "guests" of Pre-check-qualified passengers? Huh?
In fact, trekker954 is saying that Pre-Check "definitely [does] not" accept guests, although that's not quite true. You can bring your children under 12 with you.

Back to the OP's situation, though: there's no Pre-Check in PEK so this whole bit of the thread is a bit of a tangent.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by umaa83

n I usually drop the line "I'm travelling with this person so what's the point of tagging my bag priority when I'm just going to have to wait for theirs."

And I usually say "It'd be great if you could priority tag their's as well, thanks"

Works every time

Old Dec 6, 2013, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Somwhere on the highways and byways of the United States
Programs: WWBTNFTMTP Evangelist
I've just said 'she's with me'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.