Wiki Posts
Search

Poor Baggage Service DFW

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2002, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP / CK June 2018 (4MM - 15 years running) HH Lifetime Diamond
Poor Baggage Service DFW

This seems to be the poorest perfoming station that I have seen lately with regard to timely bag delivery. Thursday 1138pm we arrive to the ramp; no crew; finally at 1150pm we are on gate from LAX. About on time. We are the only flight into Terminal B. No others arrived during this timeframe.
About 1240 the bags started coming up. During this time the Baggage "service" rep called and radio'd to the ramp repeatedly and was never answered. I called EXP desk, and they called ramp also, to no avail. Finally they called the lead operations person for DFW airport. It was about then the bags arrived. About a 80% full 757.

I have noted historically the time for bags off a inbound DFW flight to lag behind those of other stations. 20-25 minutes usually. I have found it interesting because according to Baggage "service" people they do not consider bags delayed until the 30 minute point. It is more understandable if it is a flight where there are likely to be connections made, but in this case I would lay good odds everyone was terminating in DFW.

Ridiculous.

C'mon AA please develop a method for knowing when a plane is coming in and might need ground personnel to attend to it. Perhaps we can call it a schedule? Maybe it will catch on...

Old Jun 22, 2002, 7:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Just had the opposite experience with DFW baggage handling. A late-arriving flight from LAS at the farthest gate in Terminal C to an on-time departure for YYZ from mid-Terminal A. Approximately 27 minutes between flights - we barely made final boarding running all the way. Checked bags made it no problem. I was surprised and impressed. Now if you had said ORD OTOH.
Old Jun 22, 2002, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Or RDU. It sometimes seems to take longer to get bags than the flight itself.
Old Jun 23, 2002, 9:00 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
my experience at dfw has been quite good on international, but bad on domestic. however, on int it seems like you always have to walk the green mile to get to immigration which makes the baggage wait seem shorter.
Old Jun 23, 2002, 10:34 am

Programs: DELTA GM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SeAAttle:
Or RDU. It sometimes seems to take longer to get bags than the flight itself.</font>
Ever arrive at JFK during the winter holidays past midnight on a 100% full Airbus from SJU, SDQ, or MIA. Now thats a fun experience, particularly when they put the bags for all 3 on the same carousel while the others next to it remain idle!

Old Jun 23, 2002, 2:20 pm

Location: Dallas, TX. AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, Avis Preferred Select
I check my bag weekly now on my inbound to DFW (domestic). My wait has only been 5 to 10 minutes after getting off the plane and to the claim....seems good enough for me.
Old Jun 23, 2002, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP / CK June 2018 (4MM - 15 years running) HH Lifetime Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DrHowser:
I check my bag weekly now on my inbound to DFW (domestic). My wait has only been 5 to 10 minutes after getting off the plane and to the claim....seems good enough for me.</font>
The only way I could claim this is if I was dead last getting off of completely full 757.

NEVER have I had a bag in less than 15 minutes.

It has been longer than 45 minutes on 2-3 occassions this year. LAX impressed me several times.

I do agree with a previous poster about the connecting bags. I have been on as short as a 13 minute connection and the bag has made it! It was just the arrivals into DFW that I am hoping AA does something about.
Old Jun 24, 2002, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
ughh.......

AA's DFW baggage claim sucks. I'll have to endure this again on Thursday when I return from LAX. My experience is that it takes usually takes about 30 minutes from plane parking at thee gate to walking out the door with my bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.