Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gov rate for American Airlines ? Yes..but where?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:36 pm

cheap government leisure fares mean higher general public fares.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:33 pm

There are student fares? How do they work?

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Not legally. And government air fares should only be booked through an authorized departmental agency not by an individual.
In the case of hotels, this is definitely not true -- or at least not true for a majority of government employees. There are lots of threads on this topic, many of which have sought clarification from the hotels.

edit:
Originally Posted by Houston Chronicle
Federal employees traveling on business can book hotels at discounted rates negotiated by the government, but do the rules apply for personal trips? According to Viki Reath, spokeswoman for the U.S. General Services Administration, that's easy: "It is strictly a business decision of the lodging establishment as to whether or not they will extend the government per diem rate to employees traveling on personal business."

Last edited by nall; Nov 26, 2013 at 11:55 pm
Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by zski1
Can't please everyone, I suppose. Either flyertalk is a single issue help and advice board where each thread is narrowly constrained and non-generalizable to the public thus greatly diminishing the utility of the search function, or it's a place where people are expected to use the aforementioned search engine to find information tucked away in detailed threads which likely strayed somewhat from the initial post, thus preventing the clutter that has occurred like it has in this already-13-posts-too-long-thread. Mea maxima culpa.
I would suggest that the more a thread is on topic, the more likely the search function will return what someone is looking for. A thread on government fares isn't a logical place to look to try and find details about fares for military personell
Old Nov 27, 2013, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by nall
There are student fares? How do they work?

In the case of hotels, this is definitely not true -- or at least not true for a majority of government employees. There are lots of threads on this topic, many of which have sought clarification from the hotels.

edit:
Which is why he said "fares", referring to air fare.
This is probably not the best thread for discussing hotel discounts or student air fares.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 5:30 am

Programs: UA-Plat, AA - EXP, SPG-Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Not legally. And government air fares should only be booked through an authorized departmental agency not by an individual.
Actually thats not correct, I often book it on AA site with a gov issued credit card.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 6:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by chgodude
Actually thats not correct, I often book it on AA site with a gov issued credit card.
That's not what the post was about. Shareholder was referring to obtaining a government air fare, not how one pays for the ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.