Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight cancelled, rebooked from another airport

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Flight cancelled, rebooked from another airport

My HOU-DFW-ORD segments were cancelled and AA rebooked me IAH-ORD. It's a little annoying since driving across the city at rush hour wasn't my preference. They've put me on the upgrade list in the CR7. I doubt I'll get it but is it ok for me to feel a little annoyed? I'm not too excited about sitting in an Eagle jet for 2.5 hours.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:23 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Find flights from Hobby which meet your needs then call AA and ask to be accommodated on those. I've never had an issue with getting the specific flights I've needed when my originals were cancelled or delayed beyond usefulness. Good luck!
Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: AA lifetime plat 2.5 million
Originally Posted by salesflyerguy
My HOU-DFW-ORD segments were cancelled and AA rebooked me IAH-ORD. It's a little annoying since driving across the city at rush hour wasn't my preference. They've put me on the upgrade list in the CR7. I doubt I'll get it but is it ok for me to feel a little annoyed? I'm not too excited about sitting in an Eagle jet for 2.5 hours.
I wouldn't feel too happy about that either. I am 6'6" and Eagle "Y" seems just too tight, especially if I have to cram into a window seat. Hope that your trip is successful.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Auto-rebook presumes that you want the least-delayed arrival at ORD. You can still call AA to propose another routing. Best is not to call to ask for alternatives, but to determine what you want and call and ask for it.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Often1
Auto-rebook presumes that you want the least-delayed arrival at ORD. You can still call AA to propose another routing. Best is not to call to ask for alternatives, but to determine what you want and call and ask for it.
+1. I've gotten some insane auto-rebooks before.

Just have the options on hand, try 2 or 3 of them, and see how it goes. I think it's likely that you'll be able to get out of HOU.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:42 am
Original Poster

It's fine, I took their auto rebook and they upgraded me to a first class seat so it's not that big of a deal anymore.

Last edited by salesflyerguy; Nov 18, 2013 at 10:47 am
Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
A call to AAdvantage will probably net you some miles or an eVoucher.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MAH4546
A call to AAdvantage will probably net you some miles or an eVoucher.
An upgrade and beautiful photos of Chicago skyline were plenty comp for me. Had a great convo with an Eagle pilot. A lot of crew got stranded overnight because of the storm last night including my original Eagle plane.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
I would consider asking for the following:

1. Original routing credit (if you're trying to requalify for status in particular)

2. A voucher (or cash) to cover whichever one of these is applicable:

i. Taxi between HOU and IAH
ii. Fee for any parking done at HOU (if substantial)
iii. Difference in rates to park at IAH vs. HOU (if substantial)

I would not mention the convenience/annoyance issue since it's an emotional one and not one easily compensated for and, more importantly, you don't sound that annoyed anymore. Most would prefer a direct flight that involved a little extra car time than having to change planes but YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.