Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NRT loads

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2002, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

NRT loads

Newly minted Plt. booked SJC-NRT and NRT-DFW. Flights seem to be filling up in late May. Can anyone comment on the loads and how does AA deal with op upgrades ?

Also does CX have your OW status if AA books the flights and how do they deal with op upgrades ?
Old Apr 26, 2002, 7:17 pm

Unless you are Elite Marco Polo you can forget op upgrades on CX.
Old Apr 26, 2002, 7:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by trav2000:
Unless you are Elite Marco Polo you can forget op upgrades on CX.</font>
That's interesting to hear- from what I've read here, other Oneworld elites don't have a chance in he** of op. upgrades on BA, but that CX actually pays attention to other Oneworld elites when upgrading.

Are there any specific examples/reasons you can give for your statement?

Edited- found one of the old posts to which I was referring:

Posted by Tango:
I have always been given operational upgrades when flying Cathay across the Pacific. It helps that I am AA EP but my batting average is 100% on 6 flights.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum85/HTML/000614.html

[This message has been edited by landspeed (edited 04-26-2002).]
Old Apr 26, 2002, 8:16 pm

Being EXP with AA may help. However, with the number of Marco Polo Diamonds that fly between HKG and the US, my personal experience is that you have very little chance of an Op upgrade from C to F. If you are talking about Y to C, then I plead ignorance.
Old Apr 26, 2002, 8:23 pm

Thanks for the reply- didn't mean to sound snippy (and sorry if I did), but I keep an eye out for reports of how Oneworld elite status carries out across carriers, as I hope to take advantage of the "benefits" of the alliance sometime before it implodes! Having never flown CX, and having had had 5 segments on BA in the last few years, I'm at the mercy of FTer's for this information! Thanks again.
Old Apr 26, 2002, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by idainc:
Newly minted Plt. booked SJC-NRT and NRT-DFW. Flights seem to be filling up in late May. Can anyone comment on the loads and how does AA deal with op upgrades ?</font>
Operational upgrades or downgrades will be based on fare class + elite status.

It rarely happens, though, since AA is pretty darn good at yield management. I've flown in some packed flights to/from NRT and has only seen 1 operational upgrade and 1 downgrade.
Old Apr 26, 2002, 10:49 pm

C to NRT is usually pretty full. I have been to Japan on AA 3 times in the last 7 weeks, and I am sitting in a hotel in Tokyo right now. The planes have been packed. I have not received any op upgrades from Y to C on these trips despite my begging and pleading. I have received op upgrades on other NRT and KIX flights in the past though.

I have NEVER been upgraded on BA. I have been treated to bad food and terrible service though (sadly not a joke).

I have been given a op up on CX from C to F 2 times on the HKG to JNB route - never on the north america to HKG flights though.
Old Apr 27, 2002, 2:40 pm

Hopefully AA's success filling NRT flights will encourage AA to resume SEA-NRT, or did they give our slot to JFK?

btw, C is now J on all oneworld carriers.
Old Apr 27, 2002, 3:01 pm

Programs: QF LT Gold, AA LT Plat and SQ bottom feeder..
I have been saving my VIPOWS for the Tokyo to US flights and have been able to use them most times for the biz to F upgrade.

WRT operational upgrades, CX aren't too bad at giving them out , however they do look at their Marco Pole top members first, then (as far as I am aware) the pecking order puts OW Emerald next.
BA however rarely take notice of OW status for operational upgrades , preferring to go down thru their FF tiers first.
Old Apr 27, 2002, 7:04 pm

C, J, whatever. You knew what I meant obviously.

Sorry, but the SEA to NRT flight is not coming back.

The flight home tonight looks pretty full again. Its golden week here in Japan now though, so the travel pattern is not typical.

Old Apr 28, 2002, 11:29 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by millionmiler:
Sorry, but the SEA to NRT flight is not coming back.</font>
Can you tell more? Why? Who says? No NRT probably also means no more MIA, since they had the same flight number.

Old Apr 28, 2002, 12:12 pm
das

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
AA shut down their Seattle F/A base, so I think it is pretty safe to say that SEA-NRT is not coming back.

Many of the Seattle F/As now commute to JFK to work international trips.
Old Apr 28, 2002, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA/UA/BA
If anyone's interested, I got an op upgrade on BA last week, because of my AA PLT status.
Old Apr 28, 2002, 2:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by idainc:
Newly minted Plt. booked SJC-NRT and NRT-DFW. Flights seem to be filling up in late May. Can anyone comment on the loads and how does AA deal with op upgrades ?
</font>
Look on the news wire every month for loads. "Pacific" is broken out separately and that's now principally NRT. For March the load factor average was 91.4%.

Old Apr 28, 2002, 5:10 pm

I don't know why but AA does not allow travel agents in Japan to sell heavily discount tickets (consolidator type but upgradable) for NRT-DFW. Perhaps higher loads on this than other routes? All East Coast itineraries have to be routed via NRT-ORD, or maybe NRT-JFK. I haven't checked agents yet after the NRT-JFK inauguration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.