Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Bose headsets (not a joke, but targeted)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2002, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Free Bose headsets (not a joke, but targeted)

My coworker (AA Gold, relatively new to AAdvantage) got the postcard; I didn't.

Pretty good deal- reserve on AA.com and fly 5 round trips by 6/30

www.aa.com/bose
Old Apr 1, 2002, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
How can I get a postcard? I would love to get in on that deal?
Old Apr 1, 2002, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Platinum; SPG Gold; Priority Club/IHG Platinum Ambassador
I dont know how targeted this promo really is. My parents got it and they are both PLT and have been with AA for quite some time. I didn't receive it though.

-Eli

------------------
Washington,DC/Miami
AAdvantage Platinum
Old Apr 1, 2002, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT LT & 2MM, HH D, MAR PLT EL LT
Eli Gorin or others who received this promo?

Can you ask (or have targeted individuals ask) AA what the promo code is? To see if anyone else can get signed up?
Old Apr 1, 2002, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Too bad I can't book my travel via AA.com The headsets would be mine.

------------------
Jeff

DFW AAdvantage Platinum
Old Apr 1, 2002, 5:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Dang! If only this offer had come out earlier, I'd get a headset.

But if AA is giving away these Bose headsets for 5 bookings, then I think I might just get a set on the JFK-NRT inaugural.
Old Apr 1, 2002, 5:59 pm

Programs: Mr Swise: AAdvantage LifetimePlt/3MM, HH Dmnd, SPG Plt
I just called the Executive Platinum desk. Unfortunately, I think I drew a dud. He didn't know anything about the promotion, didn't even seem to know what Bose Quiet Comfort headphones were, and when I gave him the URL, he didn't seem to be able to navigate to the page describing the promotion.

He eventually put someone on the line who had a bit more of a clue but still knew nothing about the promotion.

I was hoping to get some sort of information on how they selected people to participate and to see if we could jump on the bandwagon, but it was not to be this go-round.

Will have to make a trip to the post office to see if we got a post card! We get so much mail we could havegotten it already and thrown it away without reading it!

If we do qualify, we'll have 5 round trips in 2.5 weeks.

Did anyone get one of the nifty backpacks they gave away about a year ago? I always chuckled when one of us traveled on Southwest with it, since it had the "AA.Com" screened on the flap.

Old Apr 1, 2002, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Platinum; SPG Gold; Priority Club/IHG Platinum Ambassador
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vandesa:
Eli Gorin or others who received this promo?

Can you ask (or have targeted individuals ask) AA what the promo code is? To see if anyone else can get signed up?
</font>
I believe my parents threw theirs away cause they dont have much use for it. But the small print in the link above states that "This offer is valid for recipients of the direct mail invitation associated with this promotion." I dont know if there is a code on it, or if it is done internally and kept in the computers. I guess once you book 5 trips they automatically send it to you.

-Eli

------------------
Washington,DC/Miami
AAdvantage Platinum
Old Apr 2, 2002, 8:24 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Remember, you'll also earn 3,000 AAdvantage bonus miles for your first booking on AA.com and up to 1,000 AAdvantage bonus miles for each additional booking*. AA.com offers free, easy-to-use travel planning tools that let you conveniently manage all your travel needs.</font>
Possibly this was targeted at elites who've never booked on AA.com?
Old Apr 2, 2002, 4:27 pm

Programs: CX GR; AA Life GLD, EXP; SPG Life GLD, PLT
I phoned EXP Desk today, LUCKILY, the agent do know that promotion and help me to check whether I am "targeted". she sort of talking to herself "aa.com"... she said I am in!!!

She even help me to call another place to make sure the starting and ending time!

COOL!! Now the problem is.. how to book 6 RTs with the dirt cheap DTW-STL fare long gone...

[This message has been edited by HK-UMICH (edited 04-02-2002).]
Old Apr 2, 2002, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by HK-UMICH:
I phoned EXP Desk today, LUCKILY, the agent do know that promotion and help me to check whether I am "targeted". she sort of talking to herself "aa.com"... she said I am in!!!

She even help me to call another place to make sure the starting and ending time!

COOL!! Now the problem is.. how to book 6 RTs with the dirt cheap DTW-STL fare long gone...

This message has been edited by HK-UMICH (edited 04-02-2002).]
</font>
Can you give me the name of the EXP agent so that I can check if I was one of the lucky recipients? The problem with these targeted mailings is that if for whatever reason the postcard is lost in the mail, you never know if you were or weren't originally targeted.

YGM
Old Apr 3, 2002, 9:28 am

Programs: CX GR; AA Life GLD, EXP; SPG Life GLD, PLT
Sorry that I am really bad in reconizing and remembering Western family names, but I do remember she is called "Linda". Hope it helps!

Good Luck!

For some of fellow FTer e-mailed to me: YGM!
(edited for spell check)

[This message has been edited by HK-UMICH (edited 04-03-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.