Search

Non-mileage earning web fares?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2002, 7:44 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Non-mileage earning web fares?

As I was checking out the new aa.com web site, http://new.aa.com , specifically the 2002 Platinum Membership Guide, I noticed that there was a condition added in the mileage earning chart. It said this:

"Excludes American Airlines consolidator fares booked in O and fares booked in Q with travel originating in Europe (and equivalent booking codes on partner airlines1 ) and Internet fares noted as non-mileage earning."

I have never seen this condition before for certain Internet fares. Is AA heading towards that direction in prohibiting mileage earning on certain web fares?
Old Mar 27, 2002, 7:59 pm

Programs: dont matter anymore...
Wow.. the new site rocks in action!

Not sure about the new verbage though
Old Mar 28, 2002, 4:03 am

actually nothin new there at all there arent any sold on the AA web site I THINK but there are some on other web sites that do say they dont earn miles travelocity I believe is one there consoldater fares sold on the net also there are some that you cant upgrade using milage I think there in a S inventory
Old Mar 28, 2002, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
A lot of Web fares are noted as non-mileage-earning, but that's left-over verbiage from a brief experiment in that direction a year or more ago. Unless something has changed very recently, all fares the general public can book on aa.com earn miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.