MY LAST AA BOARD POST

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2002, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

MY LAST AA BOARD POST

Moderator, please remove, thank you.

[This message has been edited by Worldtraveler36 (edited 04-03-2002).]
Old Mar 19, 2002, 9:31 pm

Don't give in to them. Do what you want, never stand down !
Old Mar 19, 2002, 9:42 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
I enjoying reading your posts. I admit I am not an AA flier (yet!) but if UA messes with the SWU's, I may defect over to the AA camp.

Keep posting in the AA thread.
Old Mar 20, 2002, 2:43 am

Programs: AA/UA/BA
Michael,

There are disagreements to be had in any forum, not just this one.

People will always say things that someone else finds disagreeable. That's just human nature. If we all come to understand that, then this will become a much happier, productive place.

I've learnt from your postings and I hope you've learnt from other members’ postings and mine too. For me, the very fact that I come here and learn something enriches the quality of my travel experience.

We all post garbage from time to time, and sometimes we will be flamed for that. However, surely you're stronger than that? Don't let a few flames get you down. You have the power to rise above that and provide a worthy contribution to this board.

If you feel you need to make changes to the way you post, then that is your decision, but don't let any other FT member, myself included, stifle your right to freedom of thought and speech.

You may like to try my tip of proof reading and spell-checking posts. Perhaps that could be useful.

I hope to see you around again sometime on the AA Board.
Old Mar 20, 2002, 4:32 am

I noticed that you posted a reply to my post, "Is This Allowed?" and then this morning I went to check it out and you have edited your message. I, for one, value your opinion. I wish you would stay around here because you seem to be very helpful and knowledgeable.

I hope you will reconsider this decision.

[This message has been edited by bigeyes1 (edited 03-20-2002).]
Old Mar 20, 2002, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Oh, common stay!
Old Mar 20, 2002, 7:31 am

I also enjoy your posts. But I must ask -- why make a grand announcement that you are no longer posting? Are you looking for a certain type of response (i.e. "please don't leave us")?

Don't feel like you need validation or encouragement from other posters on here. You contribute alot, and I hope you continue. However, people are not always going to agree with you.
Old Mar 20, 2002, 8:29 am

Programs: AA/UA/BA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DFWRaider:
However, people are not always going to agree with you. </font>
This, I believe, is the key point for all posters to understand.
Old Mar 20, 2002, 8:38 am

Will someone please post a link to the thread that has this person bent out of shape?

I tried to do a search, but it failed twice.

Old Mar 20, 2002, 8:51 am

Ok my search finally worked, and I was able to pull up the last several days of posts. Although I didn't spend too much time looking, I can't figure out what the problem is. I did notice that Worldtraveler36 deleted all of his recent posts which seems childish to me.

Thanks for the warning of your departure as I wouldn't have noticed and I'm sure there will be someone with thicker skin to take your place.
Old Mar 20, 2002, 9:06 am

these topics are almost as insipid as the "i know its against the rules" ones. no offense meant, but i think afang had one a few months back. there must be a form letter for people to use.

dear all,

im leaving. vague reference #1. see ya. vague reference #2. guess thats how it is. vague reference #3. cant win em all. vague reference #4. some people are just jerks, and i guess im one of them, but i never knew it.

dramatically,

username

i like the notion that someone has been bullied or intimidated out of here. its a friggin bulletin board! it isnt real. no one is going to kick your ..., or do anything to you. its just a discussion group. if someone disagrees with you, or yells at you, or says you arent wanted, fnck em! and the horse the logged in on! whatever. bye. he'll be back, in some way. whats he gonna do, fly delta or c*ntinental, and post in their forums? he's too smart for that.

edited to fix some typos...

[This message has been edited by homey (edited 03-20-2002).]
Old Mar 20, 2002, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chet:
I did notice that Worldtraveler36 deleted all of his recent posts which seems childish to me.</font>
I agree with those who find this dramatic farewell to be silly. By his own admission he is 36 years old - a little old to be seeking attention like this.
Old Mar 20, 2002, 10:13 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM
Dare I say it again?
Yeah, I dare...

Buh bye.
Old Mar 20, 2002, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Wonder what caused this? On a tangent, the "relative newcomer" line was interesting seeing how he had something like 826 posts ... tls
Old Mar 20, 2002, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA ExP, OW Emerald, B6 Mosaic; AA1MM;
I dare say that it is a shame to loose the voice of people who have contributed to this board in the past. A message board is a message board and we all have our own names and "personas". Check out the Pucci link on the BA board for a discussion of the anonymous vs. known poster. Finally, if one were to sign off with their "last post" chances are that a rebirth through the guise of a new user name could take their place!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.