Wiki Posts
Search

25,000 AAdvantage miles and Hilton HHonors Gold status

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Smile 25,000 AAdvantage miles and Hilton HHonors Gold status

I just received the following email. Looks good to me, I am going to have to move some nights over to Hilton:

Hello Wollstonecraft,

Going somewhere? Get there faster with this special offer.
Your frequent travel has earned you a special offer from Hilton HHonorsTM. You can earn 25,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles plus instant HHonors Gold status when you sign up and stay with Hilton HHonors*:

Simply register to activate your HHonors account and receive instant HHonors Gold status until December 31, 2013
Complete three stays at any of the 4,000 hotels or resorts within the Hilton HHonors portfolio by December 31, 2013 to maintain your Gold status through March 2015
Complete five stays and you'll also receive 25,000 AAdvantage bonus miles — that's enough for a domestic round-trip MileSAAver® award (taxes and fees of up to $10 apply)
Sign up for HHonors today to simplify your travel and treat yourself to the getaway you deserve.
Looks like I need to sign up with a new account. Does anyone know if it is possible to combine this with my existing account (also Gold through last year's tie-in)?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:31 am

Programs: Recovering AA flyer, LT PLT 2.6 MM
There are three Hilton properties at which I would stay: KL Central, Conrad Istanbul, Conrad Seoul, though it's been a while since I stayed at the first. The rest, only if I have no alternative. The only consistent thing about the brand across properties is the H on the door.

I used to carry diamond status, but no more. 25k miles aren't worth having to visit five of their hotels.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
Looks like I need to sign up with a new account. Does anyone know if it is possible to combine this with my existing account (also Gold through last year's tie-in)?
I will try later today and report back if no one else has (doubt that will be the case). Already signed up, but if it requires the new account and can't be applied to an old one then it's not really worth it. Not that I'm that attached to the few thousand points in my old one.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:40 am

In the offer page, it says "*Offer is valid for the recipient of this email only and is non-transferable. Offer valid for new Hilton HHonors members only; any person that has previously enrolled in HHonors is not eligible to participate in this offer. " I am not sure if you can combine with your existing account.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Originally Posted by sadida1
In the offer page, it says "*Offer is valid for the recipient of this email only and is non-transferable. Offer valid for new Hilton HHonors members only; any person that has previously enrolled in HHonors is not eligible to participate in this offer. " I am not sure if you can combine with your existing account.
I am with djibouti, I don't mind abandoning my other account, but I seriously wonder how many EXPs have never, ever enrolled in the HHonors program. How strictly do you think they will enforce this?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by sadida1
Oh, that annoys me. It didn't say that in the e-mail, just in the click-through page.

I will probably tell them to close it if they won't honor the gold status, and just keep using my old account. Definitely won't transfer any stays over. I plan on getting gold through the use of one of the credit cards next year anyway.

My fiancée didn't have an account, I don't think, so at least she gets it FWIW. I don't think she's going to stay at a Hilton property between now and the end of the year, so it's probably moot.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:45 am

I am with djibouti, I don't mind abandoning my other account, but I seriously wonder how many EXPs have never, ever enrolled in the HHonors program. How strictly do you think they will enforce this?
I'm only PLT, as is my fiancée, and we both got it. So it's not EXP only, possibly all AAdvantage members.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, PC Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
PLT here as well.
I got the same email. Will open a new account and get 5 stays. Its an easy 25k AA miles.
I have gold on my main HH account through the address change trick

Last edited by fandu; Oct 7, 2013 at 10:55 am
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
PLT here and got the same offer.

Guess I'll shell out a few bucks for the 25k miles + gold. Doesn't seem like a bad offer.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA LT Gold, SPG Plat 75
My wife (no status) and I (EXP) both received this offer today.

Appears to be not so targeted.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Just signed in to the HHonors portal and saw Gold status reflected with 0 nights/0 points.

Refreshing to see a system that is "real-time." Funny enough, I just finished reading a case study about HHonors and Hilton's On-Q CRM system.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: AA PLT 3MM
I haven't received this email but did get the one offering instant gold last year, even though I already had HHonors silver at the time. I could not sign-up online and when I called Hilton the first agent I spoke to was very rude and, having explained that the offer was only for non-members, openly accused me of trying to sign up with an email that someone else must have forwarded to me. I eventually asked to speak to a supervisor who had no problem giving me the status. I'm not sure if they screwed up the mailing but it worked eventually.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
My 5 year old daughter got targeted. No status.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I received this offer (as an EXP), too. Very disappointing to hear that it's not available to existing HHonors members. I was planning to stay the required 5 stays to extend my HH Gold + the 25K AA miles, but I suppose there's no reason to bother now.

The odd thing is, I currently double-dip with AA on my Hilton stays, so it's not as if AA doesn't already know that I have an HHonors account.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, AA - EXP, SPG-Gold
How do you sign up for this? I received the email from American but currently do not have HHonors account. Do I sign up for one and then click on the link?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.