Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to use CFC to guarantee a sticker upgrade on a domestic flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2013, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT (2MM-- thank you FT!), UAL, DL, AF, BA

Hello--

Flying tomorrow domestically. My flight is pretty full and it looks uncertain/ unlikely that my (sticker) upgrade request will clear. Other flights are emptier. Is there a way to determine X availability on alternative flights, then call AA and use CFC to switch to that flight and have the upgrade processed immediately? Obviously, this would have been easy back when EF showed X/R availability... but now?

Can AA agents even see X availability? Is there another place, or another way, to find it?
Old Sep 3, 2013, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm pretty sure nobody has access to X/R availability, and if they do, they can't tell you. Besides, even if it were available, the system has been modified to prevent queue-jumping, so you might not get it anyway.

Of course, you can still use "P" availability as the best available indication of how much X there is likely to be (on 2-class flights, at least), although not sure how helpful that really is a day before the flight when there are a lot of variables.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.