Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EGGO'S-Kelloggs says 88,000 mi. missing!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2001, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Tovaz,

Took your advice and played golf this a.m. Now, I hope you held up your end of the bargain and scoured Tucson for coupons What is the latest on Costco and the amazing twists? (sounds like a movie!)

I think things may work out on the miles but I am not folding my cards until all post. I am assuming the CSR may have given me some inaccurate info abt the miles not showing up. My friends at the post office have been most helpful.

Nanook, another poster said they process the miles in blocks of 500 for ease. Doesn't make much sense to me either especially since I sent in 500 mile certs. If it is easier to process 5 certs at a time you would think they would do the big ones in 2500 mi. increments.
Old Jul 28, 2001, 12:48 pm

Programs: US Gold, PC Platinum, BW Diamond
4miles,

Have done some successful scouring already this morning, picked up some very low priced Corn Flakes and Nutri-Grains at Big Lots. Paid $1.29 for the CF and $1.49 for the N-G.
There wasn't that much there, but I still wrote a check for almost $200.

Traveling back to Costco this afternoon. The worm, er...mole has dropped contact with me since I went off on Costco's business procedures a couple of weeks ago. So, I have taken to checking them out on a twice-weekly basis since it's on the way home from work.

Yes, "Costco and the Amazing Twists" sounds like the sequel to Roald Dahl's "James and the Giant Peach".

I have a 6:32AM tee time tomorrow, so I can finish before the temp hits triple digits.

tovaz
Old Jul 28, 2001, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Tovaz,

I hope things work out with Costco. Seems to be happening in some of the other parts of the country. I think if it happens you will have to strike quick. I may have to do a market tour today just to check out some coupons. Sounds like you did ok at Big Lots. I have only gone into one Big Lots but maybe I am underestimating them as a source for Kelloggs

. I have a few stray stray NG certs laying around but am not anxious to send any in until my mileage fiasco gets cleared up.

I am anxious to see the new Eggo Cert at Sams just to see how it is configured.

No mulligans tomorrow Watch the rattlesnakes.

4m

Old Jul 30, 2001, 7:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, peon literally everywhere else!
I sent in only 2 batches, one 500 mi eggo cert, and one batch of cereal coupons, on or around June 20. The cereal ones posted on 7/02, but the eggos never did. I emailed and was asked to call. I called, and was told (after being put on hold for a bit) very unconditionally that they never received those miles. I am just out of luck on those I guess, as 500 miles doesn't seem like much to fight for, but it makes the point that this is pretty **** error prone, as we have all seen. The CS rep recommended that I send these certified mail, but for 500 miles, it doesn't seem too cost effective. I am living with my frugality though, and my decision to mail with no backup.

------------------
UAL free since the last millennium - and planning to stay that way!
Old Jul 30, 2001, 11:26 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Nanook:
[b]corky & mashav, Oh no! Did they offer you a choice or just handed out the NutriGrain bars as they ask you your choice of drinks? I'd rather hanve Rice Crispies treats.[B]</font>
Nanook,
no, no choice, the bar (Raspberry) was part of a pre-packed snack box.
I had visions of a motherload of empty Nutrigrain boxes in a dumpster behind the airport, but the wrapper was marked with something along the lines of 'not for re-sale, institutional use only.' They wouldn't put AA mile certificates on the boxes they sell to AA, would they?

Old Jul 30, 2001, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
mashav, I don't think the miles certificates are on the back of the boxes they sell to institutions. I've seen individual bars for sale at Albertsons and they're in a box with no miles on it, unfortunately.

fholt, sorry to hear of your troubles. That's why, as good ad this program can be, it's a crap shoot on whether your miles get posted. I know they must be swamped at the certificate redemption place, but it seems lately that it's very risky to be spending hundreds of dollars on Kellogg's, only to be told that the certs never arrived.
Old Jul 30, 2001, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Nanook-

I knew I had finally converted my wife over to my side in this miles-hungry search of mine when we were at the Admirals Club a few weeks ago and they were replenishing a basket with NG bars.

Wife whispered to me "should you ask them what they did with the boxes? Maybe we can get some miles"
Old Jul 31, 2001, 7:34 am

Old Jul 31, 2001, 10:41 am

All my missing Kellogg's miles posted today, without me having to send copies of the coupons. Hopefully, 4miles will be able to make a similar post very soon...
Old Jul 31, 2001, 10:48 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 4miles:
I knew I had finally converted my wife over to my side in this miles-hungry search of mine when we were at the Admirals Club a few weeks ago and they were replenishing a basket with NG bars.

Wife whispered to me "should you ask them what they did with the boxes? Maybe we can get some miles"
</font>
Excellent. Another convert to the dark side. If only Darth Vader had used FF miles as an incentive, Luke Skywalker would have been working for the Emperor.

Old Jul 31, 2001, 11:24 am

All my missing miles posted today! Don't know if it's because I've called them four times in the last week. :P They're all in batches of 500, don't know why. The thing is, I sent in 20,000 miles and 5,000 of the bonus 100 miles in one batch. This means I could've sent in more bonus miles. Doh! But 5,000 extra free miles are good, I'm not complaining!

------------------
WooHoo!
Old Jul 31, 2001, 11:59 am

FlyingHammy, three questions, just out of curiosity:
1. When did you send in the miles.

2. How did you send them in...registered, insured mail with return receipt?
and
3. What are bonus miles? I must have missed something somewhere.
Old Jul 31, 2001, 1:01 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Nanook:
FlyingHammy, three questions, just out of curiosity:
1. When did you send in the miles.

2. How did you send them in...registered, insured mail with return receipt?
and
3. What are bonus miles? I must have missed something somewhere.
</font>
I sent in right before the Kellogg's bonus 100 miles supposedly expires, I think July 6th. I've sent them in Priority Mail with insurance. When you get insurance for over $100 it's trackable, so I didn't bother with delivery confirmation. The bonus miles are the ones you print off of the Kellogg's website when you play their game.

I didn't know if it's one bonus certificate per person or if it's reusable, so I sent in 200 regular certificates (20,000 miles) and 50 bonus certificates (5,000 bonus). I figured if they rejected the bonus I'll just get 20,000 miles. But they came through and gave me 25,000!

------------------
WooHoo!
Old Jul 31, 2001, 1:14 pm

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
Wooooooo-hooooooooooo!!!
Mine finally posted from the end of April!
I was still missing 11,000 miles and they posted as of yesterday! Well.....almost all of them, they still shorted me 500 miles. But I am happy I finally got almost all of them after calling aabout 10 times and having them send me a mailing sticker to mail back proof--USPS delivery confirmation, photos.

Old Jul 31, 2001, 2:30 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Did anyone that sent four box certs plus one bonus cert get their four box certs sent back to them with a letter from Kelloggs saying that they sent in the incorrect amount of certs? I did...

I sent in 4 box certs and 1 bonus cert per envelope per day on many days before the July 15th deadline. All of them posted as 500 miles (most of them today, actually) except for one batch which got sent back to me with the letter. That really confused me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.