Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

"Proud to Fly American" buttons available on limited basis starting Dec. 5!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Proud to Fly American" buttons available on limited basis starting Dec. 5!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2001, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Picked up mine tonight at ORD H/K when I got back from Albany. They are on the 3rd floor check-in counter. The agent downstairs was very surprised that I stopped in on my way out of the airport just to get one.
Old Dec 7, 2001, 3:25 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
A special thanks to Bill from my wife and I, for sending the pins.
We'll wear them with pride when they arrive.

Thanks again, Bill.

bj-21.

------------------
'Tis better to have played and won, then never to have played at all.

Jeff
Old Dec 7, 2001, 7:09 am

Hello Again!
The Flight Attendants got an e-mail about the button distribution, so we are all aware of it, but many of the ground service people have no e-mail information access available to them, which is why some probably don't know about the new campaign. I quote the e-mail I received..."When you see customers wearing them, make it a point to thank them for their loyalty and for their business." I do thank all of you so very much for your support. And I know I'll be seeing some of those buttons very soon...our loads on International out of Miami have been through the roof. I thank you so much for hanging in there with us. Hope your Holidays are happy and we all hope it involves flying with us.
Fly Safe,
MiAAmistew
Old Dec 7, 2001, 8:30 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors, Marriott Silver
Darn, just passed through ORD on Weds & Thurs but didn't know about this.

With a good response, maybe AA will include them in their next mailing to all elites.
Old Dec 7, 2001, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Way to go, ElmhurstNick! So glad you were able to get a button at the ORD AC last night (I'm surprised, though, about their location as I had expected them to be available at the reception desk downstairs)

blackjack-21: You are quite welcome!

MiAAmistew: Thank you for your post and for sharing with us part of the email the Flight Attendants received. And may your holidays be safe and happy too!

ExpoTrac: Sorry you were unaware of the button campaign on your way through ORD yesterday (but you have email).

You brought up a good point about response to this campaign. I suspect American will consider wider distribution among GLD/PLT/EXP AAdvantage members if there is a good response. Not sure how they will gauge "good response" but, certainly, it should involve reports from station personnel and Flight Attendants who actually see their customers wearing the buttons. The mere fact that the initial supply might be depleted does not mean people are wearing them. The point behind this program is to show American Airlines personnel that we, their loyal and best customers, are standing behind them in the wake of recent tragedies and in light of perhaps the most uncertain time in their company's history.

My hope is that, unlike the situation bollar reported from the DFW "B" AC (he was told people took them "by the handful" and they were gone in an hour), AA's loyal customers will obtain a button and wear it each time they fly on American metal, thereby demonstrating our support in a highly visible manner. Then the program will truly be successful.

Bill
Old Dec 7, 2001, 9:01 am

Just got off the phone with the "E" concourse ADM Club, they have the buttons!
Old Dec 7, 2001, 9:30 am

Programs: AA PLT & 2MM- Thank You, FT !!
Won't be flying until next week; any word yet on availability at LAX??

MiAAmistew: Thanks for your note; appreciate hearing from "the other side"
Old Dec 7, 2001, 11:03 am

DFW Terminal A Admirals Club tells me they never received any of the buttons (as of noon Central time 7 December). The agents at the desk said I was the third or fourth person they recall asking about the buttons. I'd proudly wear it if I could get my hands on one!
Old Dec 7, 2001, 11:13 am

This bottoms are available at the Admirals Club - DO I HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF THE ADMIRALS CLUB TO GET ONE? I wil be tomorrow at BOS and in 3 days at LAX

------------------
1/2 Million Plus Miles, AAdvantage Platinum - Priority Club. Free Flyer for 8 Straight years.
Old Dec 7, 2001, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Dr-Fly4Free: While I cannot speak for American Airlines, I know the original plan was to make the buttons available at the reception desks of the Admirals Clubs listed in my post that started this topic. One would think that the AC staff would offer a button to anyone asking about the "Proud to fly American" campaign since they are testing the response to the program. However, as ElmhurstNick noted above, the buttons at ORD were found upstairs - within the club itself and past the "members only" point. Bottom line: I don't know if you have to be a member to obtain a button but I surely would ask if I were you. Good luck and thanks for your interest!

LAX/EXP: Please send me an email so I can reply to you.
Old Dec 8, 2001, 12:50 pm

The buttons were available yesterday night at the LAX Terminal 4 Admirals Club. They had them in a basket on the counter, but I didn't observe too many takers. The quantity was lower when I left than when I arrived, however. I noticed one other person wearing a button.

Traffic in the Club is significantly reduced from pre-9/11 levels, so staffing has also been significantly cut back. Thus, I didn't have the chance to chat with the staff about the buttons as the two agents were busy with passengers with others waiting.

I wore my button out of the Club. A clerk at a store in the Century City mall asked what I did for American. I replied that I didn't work there, simply flew a lot on my favorite airline!
Old Dec 8, 2001, 12:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just got my very own "Proud to Fly American" button courtesy of bbinichi.

Thanks!!!

I'll be proudly sporting this button on my very next flight on Jan. 17th...
Old Dec 8, 2001, 1:04 pm

just got mine to, special thanks to bbinichi. If anyone want to know exactly what they look at check out the link below!

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jchizmar/...an.jpg&.src=ph
Old Dec 8, 2001, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM; Hyatt Gold; SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jiggs:
If anyone want to know exactly what they look at check out the link below!

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jchizmar/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos&.dnm=proud+to+fly+americ an.jpg&.src=ph
</font>
Great picture, thanks!

Old Dec 8, 2001, 1:26 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Just saw jiggs' photo of the pins. Super.
Can't wait to get ours. We'll be wearing them proudly, and not just when flying.

bj-21.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.