Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Read Playboy on the plane?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2001, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
Uncut R rated movies?? Where? Even watching Gladiator was edited to have the violence taken out. I will never understand what is logical if they are trying to save us from something.

All said, use your judgement. If you are discreet, they will ignore the fact of what you are reading. Now if you pin up Miss January in bulk head area in front of you, well that is a different story.

------------------
"Fly me to the moon and let me earn alot of miles."
Old Dec 20, 2001, 4:21 am

I was just on a AA transatlantic and they showed that Banderas/Jolie film, I think it was called Original Sin? There is a scene that is as revealing as anything in Playboy (unless Playboy has become more raunchy since I last perused its ARTICLES it in my teens a decade ago ). Obviously if they are showing that on their screens it is a bit silly to tell people to put away, Playboy or Blue boy, or whatever. Besides don't pax have the ablity to avert their eyes to things they would rather not see?

As for your attitude MiAAmistew, I say good for you. FA's of your ilk are why I fly AA, sensible and not too uptight about everything (a good approach when having to deal with a tubefull of all sorts of people at 30,000 ft) While I personally don't think that a romantic liason in a pubic rest room holds much appeal (I susppose it depends on whom one is going in their with ), especially when in one as generally dirty and cramped as an airliner lavatory, I also don't think that pax need to tolerate an FA's moral judgement of their behaviour. Professional execution of their duties is welcome, I am sure, but indignant expression of moral judgement needs to be checked at the gate as it can just unecessarily lead to nasty pax reactions onboard that enclosed tube.

Old Dec 20, 2001, 8:05 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AirSamurai:
For those who think Playboy, etc., are appropriate reading material during a flight, I would ask a question: would you be distressed if, sitting next to me, I opened up Blueboy?</font>
Distressed? No. ... Disinterested? Yes.

I really think it would be nice if Americans (and the Taliban and whoever else it applies to) weren't so obsessed with their "right" of not seeing various things which they've seen before anyhow. Nobody's forcing you to watch.

As for kids, most will either be too young to be interested or have seen it all before, quite apart from the fact that it's their parents' responsibility to keep an eye out for what they watch, not the rest of the world's.

That's one advantage of flying, say, SQ. With personal video, the kids can watch bare tits on their own screen instead of having to look over someone else's shoulder at a magazine.
Old Dec 20, 2001, 6:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by lalala:
I don't know about the MHC, but I was stuck on a small plane once from anc-dut when the gentlemen (perhaps not) on seat in front of me decided to relieve the pressure of flying by (ehem, you can guess) for 45 minutes.</font>
45 minutes?! He must have been thinking about baseball players.
Old Dec 20, 2001, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kremmen:
As for kids, most will either be too young to be interested or have seen it all before ... </font>
I remember hosting a wknd in Laughlin with my best friend and our nephews. She had a permanent room there, in the hotel (she was an entertainer at the hotel, a Madonna impersonator), so her TV got all the channels so she could watch HBO movies for free.

When the boys went through the adjoining door, into her room, to watch some movies, in searching the channels, I walked in just in time to see them click on a shot of a guy with his face buried in between some chick's thighs.

What did the oldest, the 12-year-old have to say?

"Gross," then he kept clicking. I think disinterested could be an understatement.
Old Dec 21, 2001, 7:04 am
Original Member

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, UA PLT
Young kids should not be in exit rows, so I guess it would be fine if only the passengers there would have access to more adult mags. &lt; sarcasm off &gt;

I do not have a problem with an adult reading adult material when in the presence of adults, but when a 9 year old is sitting next to you, I would ask that you consider other reading.

As for MHC--the handicap lav in midship on a 777 (only on UAL?) is big enough for a couple and a film crew.

Old Dec 21, 2001, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
On AA too. It's on the left side. I think 767s have them as well. It's big enough for a small party.
Old Dec 21, 2001, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Mvic:
I was just on a AA transatlantic and they showed that Banderas/Jolie film, I think it was called Original Sin? There is a scene that is as revealing as anything in Playboy (unless Playboy has become more raunchy since I last perused its ARTICLES it in my teens a decade ago ). </font>
I was on a LAX-MIA a couple of weeks ago and I was flipping between CBS Eye on American (I was trying to catch Everybody Loves Raymond) and the Discovery channel when I happened across Original Sin and man oh man, I thought that AA was getting pretty progressive b/c I thought that there was a mistake and adult videos were now playing in the business class cabin.

Old Dec 21, 2001, 3:26 pm

When I was a kid in the 70's, I saw someone read Playboy on the plane. I didn't stare and I didn't I was harmed by it.

On Japan Air Lines, one of the magazines available is the Japanese language version of Playboy. Since there are so many replies, is this news worth shouting?

PLAYBOY IS AVAILABLE ON JAPAN AIR LINES!
PLAYBOY IS AVAILABLE ON JAPAN AIR LINES!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.