Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
MODERATOR NOTE

Good day new AA flyers and those seeking AA status through this promotion,

In the interest of keeping this thread on topic and relevant, I'd like to add some clarity for our newer AAdvantage members here. While there is a wealth of information in this thread on the promotion in question, this thread is not a help desk for questions that are readily answered in forum FAQs.

For those with questions about how the AAdvantage programme works, please start with the sticky threads at the top of the forum thread list. The FAQs especially have a lot of helpful information. If you're still stuck, and you feel you've got a "basic" question, try the Newbie Lounge. If your question is specific to one of the topics covered in our Help Desk threads, head there for answers. If a consolidated thread already exists, check there first to see if your question is answered already.

This thread will be more strictly moderated to ensure it stays on topic. We welcome all new AA flyers to the fold, but posts need to stay on topic to keep our forum organised and findable. Thanks to everyone for cooperating and understanding.

~Moderator
Print Wikipost

Fast Track To Elite Promo (2013 - no fee or EQP requirement) [TARGETED? Link dead.]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, National Exec., SPG Gold, AmEx Plat
I'm flying AA6073 and 6090 between JFK-HKG next month, which are codeshares operated on CX metal. Does anyone know if those miles will qualify? I notice that the terms of the promotion don't list Cathay as one of the "eligible airlines," but do allow miles from "eligible codeshare flights." I assume since the flight has an AA flight number, and I have an AA record locator, that these will count?

Just got my confirmation email from AA BTW - very pleased, needless to say!
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:19 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by LondonIce
I'm flying AA6073 and 6090 between JFK-HKG next month, which are codeshares operated on CX metal. Does anyone know if those miles will qualify? I notice that the terms of the promotion don't list Cathay as one of the "eligible airlines," but do allow miles from "eligible codeshare flights." I assume since the flight has an AA flight number, and I have an AA record locator, that these will count?

Just got my confirmation email from AA BTW - very pleased, needless to say!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21313510-post774.html
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
Did anyone NOT receive the email?
I don't get an email. Signed up very early on (before 1pm eastern) and have the original H3TLI.

It could be email preferences --- I rarely get them from AA.

Last edited by amolkold; Aug 22, 2013 at 12:36 pm
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL GM
Several emails arrived at the office. Kudos to AA for doing the right thing. You've just won over several people who are DL/UA elites and have a little bit of latitude to push business your way.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by amolkold
I don't get an email. Signed up very early on (before 1pm eastern) and have the original H3TLI.
On the phone with them now. They said I am good to go. But still donn't know why there is no email. They promise a follow up.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by sandflyer
Several emails arrived at the office. Kudos to AA for doing the right thing. You've just won over several people who are DL/UA elites and have a little bit of latitude to push business your way.
Seriously. They just earned over 3k from me alone. I was going to Europe, and initially was going to burn miles, but switched to AA revenue.
Also, some other trips around the country. None would have gone to AA had this promotion not happened.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:48 pm

Programs: SPG Plat AA EXP 2.5MM
I received the confirmation email for my 4 month old son. I need approx. 30K EQM's to requalify for EXP so looks like junior will be coming along and we will both be EXP next year!
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
On the phone with them now. They said I am good to go. But still donn't know why there is no email. They promise a follow up.
Check your AAdvantage email preferences? I just subscribed to all emails.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT, VS Gold, SPG Plat, Le Club Plat, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by uxb
Drat. Also found this in my inbox.
Same here. Oh well -- it was worth a try. It's nice, though, as this is the first time I remember receiving an email acknowledging the registration, but non qualification.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One kid got it, one didn't. Signed them up at the same time.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by caymancanuck
I received the confirmation email for my 4 month old son. I need approx. 30K EQM's to requalify for EXP so looks like junior will be coming along and we will both be EXP next year!
You are going to take a 4 month old on 30k worth of flights in 4 months? Good luck with that.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:02 pm

Now to decide whether to go for EXP or be content with Plat....
Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skunker
You are going to take a 4 month old on 30k worth of flights in 4 months? Good luck with that.
Seriously!
Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:08 pm

Received an email titled "Your Recent Elite Status Promotion Registration"
"however since you're already an elite member of the AAdvantage program, you are not eligible to participate in this promotion."
Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:16 pm

Programs: SPG Plat AA EXP 2.5MM
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Seriously!
We have two family trips that will take him to PLT, just have to see if it makes sense to go for the 30K. He already has 15K this year before this promo.

We live on an island so they travel early and often!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.