Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Play the American Airlines “Planes” Game at LAX and Receive a Free Coloring Book

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Play the American Airlines “Planes” Game at LAX and Receive a Free Coloring Book

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Exclamation Play the American Airlines “Planes” Game at LAX and Receive a Free Coloring Book

This morning at LAX, I noticed American Airline employees set up a new pop-up "Planes" Game at Gate 43. They were giving out free "Planes" Coloring Books if you played the game.

If you want to read more about it including a video, see http://bit.ly/19aReGS
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Meanwhile, another promo says "Citi® / AAdvantage® card is giving a lucky fan the chance to win an ultimate artist experience with the Backstreet Boys in LA! Enter now for a chance to win two roundtrip airline tickets on AA, two nights hotel stay, VIP access and more!"

Coloring book + Backstreet boys. I'm set
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Will be ever-growing AAvalanche of benefits never cease? No wonder they went bankrupt!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JDiver
Will be ever-growing AAvalanche of benefits never cease? No wonder they went bankrupt!
Thats the brilliance of it. You market the trip to the Backstreet Boys like it is something awesome, but no one will ever collect!!
Old Aug 7, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT, DL GLD, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club PLT, Hertz PC
no trips planned for me this month on AA. if anyone wants to mail me one, my kid would love it. PM me.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by Antarius
Meanwhile, another promo says "Citi® / AAdvantage® card is giving a lucky fan the chance to win an ultimate artist experience with the Backstreet Boys in LA! Enter now for a chance to win two roundtrip airline tickets on AA, two nights hotel stay, VIP access and more!"

Coloring book + Backstreet boys. I'm set
+ Two roundtrip tickets to LAX!

Oh, um, I'm already here. There. Whatever.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:32 pm

I saw a photo on the El Capitan Theater FB page of the premier of Planes. They made up a runway / red carpet for the movie stars.

Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:07 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I want a coloring book! Seems like more fun than reading American Way. (Note to self: pack crayons in briefcase for next trip.)
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JY1024
Seems like more fun than reading American Way.
How come you don't appreciate obsequious letters to the editor?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by grrizzli
Or the Sudoku puzzle?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Originally Posted by jlp187
no trips planned for me this month on AA. if anyone wants to mail me one, my kid would love it. PM me.
My 3 year old would love this too. He has 10k+ miles sitting next to me on AA this year (tickets in same reservation). If only they had some way to query Aadvantage status members with young kids and perhaps send those members one!

I am actually hoping AA will let us buy a Tripp figure at some point. My son loves airplanes and Cars, so already know several Planes characters will find their way into our house. A Tripp plane would be very cool.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 9:35 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by grrizzli
I'm not good with words or reading...especially with SAT vocab like "obsequious."

Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
Or the Sudoku puzzle?
I'm not good with numbers either... Apparently the only thing I'm good at is coloring.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT (fmr EXP), UA SLV, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier (LTG), IHG Gold, National Exec Elite
"In conjunction with the new movie, as a special 'pre-departure' gift, whether you're traveling with small children, or would like to take a treat home for a child, crayons and Disney's Planes coloring books will be available (while supply lasts) in all Domestic Admirals Club locations beginning in August."
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by GSSmith
"In conjunction with the new movie, as a special 'pre-departure' gift, whether you're traveling with small children, or would like to take a treat home for a child, crayons and Disney's Planes coloring books will be available (while supply lasts) in all Domestic Admirals Club locations beginning in August."
where is your source of that info? Can't find it on the AA site....
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT (fmr EXP), UA SLV, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier (LTG), IHG Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jammanxc
where is your source of that info? Can't find it on the AA site....
Sorry, just saw this. It was at the bottom of an Admirals Club email received August 5 in the "Headlines and Member Benefits" notes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.