Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad Airways – Award Booking

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2013, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Etihad Airways – Award Booking

I would like to know if the following routing is valid if I book a one way business class ticket from Rochester, MN (RST) to Singapore (SIN)

RST to ORD EY 3165
ORD to AUH EY 150
AUH to SIN EY 470

According to the AA partner award chart one-way business class is 55,000 miles, will this routing qualify for 55,000 miles award ticket?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: Qantas, American Airlines, Hyatt, Accor
You should take a look at : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-awards.html .The rule is that North America to Asia must be via the Pacific (for one award rules to apply).
Old Jun 14, 2013, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by grussellt
You should take a look at : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-awards.html .The rule is that North America to Asia must be via the Pacific (for one award rules to apply).
Thanks for the info, do you know any AA partner airlines that fly through pacific to Singapore?

CX flies from Chicago to HKG directly and then connect to Singapore, is that an option?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP - MR Plat - HH Gold
You can´t. And I´m not sure where you are getting the 55K from the US to AUH in business class. AUH is considered in the Indian Subcontinent/Middle East region, which clearly states it is 67.5K miles in business:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/disclaimers/a...rtnerChart.jsp

You´d have 67.5K to AUH and then 30K to SIN for a grand total of 97.5K one way.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 3:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
CX (Cathay Pacific), JL (Japan Airlines) and MH (Malaysia Airlines) are options. Check the oneworld interactive route map / schedule tool here.

Originally Posted by INDFlyer
Thanks for the info, do you know any AA partner airlines that fly through pacific to Singapore?

CX flies from Chicago to HKG directly and then connect to Singapore, is that an option?

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 15, 2013 at 9:50 am Reason: add innosked tool / airline names
Old Jun 14, 2013, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP - MR Plat - HH Gold

Read the chart on the link of my prior post and you´ll find your answer.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:52 am
Suspended

QF (but would require more mileage), JL, CX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.